Alpha & Beta?

What he said ^
As long as this doesn't impede development. If you do go for a weekly update system, don't feel pressured to skip a week if there is nothing new. I'd rather that than you make a small change to an old feature because the big, new feature isn't ready yet. Wasting your time with things like that is a bad way to go.

Sounds promising, I do wish though that the alpha version comes out sooner so some features are still missing but we can play with it anyway. I'd much rather have a working nightly / weekly build now then wait a year to get my hands on a later alpha.
Yep, same here. I'd be happy to tradeoff content & quality for sooner availability at the pre-alpha stage! The sooner the release the sooner the real and meaningful dialogue with the user community:) Of course I realize that you need to reach a certain quality threshold to avoid the noise and everything being a mess. No rush if you believe it will serve the final goal better!

JELlegendz

Insider
Quick question what happens if i pledge 20 pounds first and then i make my account? Will i still get insiders forum?

That's what i did

TheScythian

Insider
Quick question what happens if i pledge 20 pounds first and then i make my account? Will i still get insiders forum?

That's what i did
Don't worry I think that's what most of us did, BM are going to be sending us an email sometime soon(ish) and then we'll be able to link the pledge to our accounts and get insider access. At least I think that's the plan.

Cooper Holt

Insider
Technically an alpha version of the game would be one that provides the complete gameplay experience but lacks polish and still has many placeholder elements. We'll release something as soon as we think it's in a decent playable state even if content wise we still have quite some way to go. I think Tony's estimate is reasonable but hopefully we can get it to you a little sooner and if we can we will.

As for Paypal you don't have to worry about it, we know of every donation received and if you used one of the buttons for a specific amount we know the associated reward. If you entered your own amount we'll send you an email survey which you can use to specify what rewards you want.
2013? Aw, man... :(

I thought it would be out in a few months...
Anyway, I would gladly play it in its current state. All day. With my friends. Over and over. :D

Cooper Holt

Insider
Sounds promising, I do wish though that the alpha version comes out sooner so some features are still missing but we can play with it anyway. I'd much rather have a working nightly / weekly build now then wait a year to get my hands on a later alpha.
I agree. Having it in its current state would be awesome. If they could just sort out the e-mails and pledges, give us the prototype, and then give us the alpha in 2013, I'd be very happy. :D

Tony

Insider
I agree. Having it in its current state would be awesome. If they could just sort out the e-mails and pledges, give us the prototype, and then give us the alpha in 2013, I'd be very happy. :D
While I understand your enthusiasm (since I have a ton as well!) I think it's best if they do wait a bit before releasing anything for us to play. In its current state we'd do nothing in Sui Generis other than slay a few monsters. I don't even think they have the death system implemented yet so you'd have to use a console command to respawn after dying. No NPCs to interact with, nothing to explore (other than a mostly empty land mass) and no goals or objectives. Your gameplay experience would consist of using a console command to spawn some enemies, slay them, rinse and repeat.

The first impression created by the first playable build they give us will influence a lot of people. I think they are making the right decision by having some actual content and mechanics built into the world before releasing the alpha version for us to play.

Cooper Holt

Insider
While I understand your enthusiasm (since I have a ton as well!) I think it's best if they do wait a bit before releasing anything for us to play. In its current state we'd do nothing in Sui Generis other than slay a few monsters. I don't even think they have the death system implemented yet so you'd have to use a console command to respawn after dying. No NPCs to interact with, nothing to explore (other than a mostly empty land mass) and no goals or objectives. Your gameplay experience would consist of using a console command to spawn some enemies, slay them, rinse and repeat.

The first impression created by the first playable build they give us will influence a lot of people. I think they are making the right decision by having some actual content and mechanics built into the world before releasing the alpha version for us to play.
I'd be fine with that. I don't care if I have to use a console command to respawn or give my character weapons/armour, I just really want to play. :)

Tony

Insider
I'd be fine with that. I don't care if I have to use a console command to respawn or give my character weapons/armour, I just really want to play. :)
I'd like it too. I love fiddling around with new toys. But like I said, it wouldn't be what is best for Sui Generis. I want for Bare Mettle to have a successful game more than I want to fiddle around with their game engine. How well Sui Generis does will determine whether or not they get enough funds to continue making more great products.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'd like it too. I love fiddling around with new toys. But like I said, it wouldn't be what is best for Sui Generis. I want for Bare Mettle to have a successful game more than I want to fiddle around with their game engine. How well Sui Generis does will determine whether or not they get enough funds to continue making more great products.
I meant that I would play the prototype until the alpha came out. I love this game - or at least what I've heard. I want to be able to test out the controls and mechanics as they are. I know it probably won't happen, but I want the alpha to come out sooner than November of 2013. :(
I am in over my head. I thought I would play the alpha in December, or January. After they sorted out the pledges and e-mails. I guess not. But I want to play it soon. :)

Parco

probably, if they want us to feed them with alot of bug reports and feed back in good time before release in may :p but its 9 months from now so might not come out before around christmas time. depends on how long time they want the game to stay in alpha/beta before they want to release it

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.