Alpha & Beta?

Why would you think that?
I feel like it won't be released until the AI is done and thaumaturgy + archery are in. Madoc estimates another 2 months of development on the AI and I'd imagine archery and thaumaturgy plus alot of other little things will take a couple weeks. I don't mean to say it'll be ages off, just that November onwards is more realistic.

666jet

Insider
I feel like it won't be released until the AI is done and thaumaturgy + archery are in. Madoc estimates another 2 months of development on the AI and I'd imagine archery and thaumaturgy plus alot of other little things will take a couple weeks. I don't mean to say it'll be ages off, just that November onwards is more realistic.
Hmm I don't know I don't mind playing alphas with place holders in and that I'd updated regularly I prefer sooner rather than later but would like to see bows and more thumaturgy as well I really would like to just get a little play maybe just in the a building and some of the other fighting scenes just to get the feel of things

Scarecrow

Insider
An important thing to remember about the Alpha and the Beta: It's there so we can try out stuff and give feedback on it. Although we will have fun toying around with it, it's there so we can help improve the game. An Alpha won't come out until they are ready to receive feedback on different things, and with too many placeholders as well, then the Alpha would lose a lot of its purpose. They still have quite some way in development to go, and i think it will be some time before they are ready to dive into our ideas/constructive criticism/suggestions etc.

I think it will be a while longer until we get our hands on the early builds.

Pilluminati

Insider
I think it could be wise to not release it as the final game in May 2014, but instead as early access.
That way they could get some revenue and not get tons of complaints by people who expected a finished game while being able to still work on the game hopefully. That would also give them a second launch date which would be beneficial in terms of media coverage (as opposed to content updates/patches). Of course it all depends on the state of the game in May.

Oona

Insider
So we can expect Beta next month? SG has been on mind like crazy lately, maybe it's a sign? :D

Minq

Insider
I wouldn't get your hopes up, bra. An alpha would probably come LATE November, December. I'm honestly pretending the alpha comes out in 2014 so that if it comes earlier, I'll be pleasently surprised. When waiting for something really cool, its good to lie to yourself a little bit. :p

Tom

Insider
Alpha should be interesting, since the art assets and graphics seem to be done for the most part - I guess we'd be testing the core mechanics? I've never done in testing, either beta/alpha, so it'll be fun.

I don't know about the testing date; we still haven't heard about the new video, but based on the release date (May 2014), it makes sense that the testing would take place some months before that.

So, long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if the alpha started on January.

666jet

Insider
Alpha should be interesting, since the art assets and graphics seem to be done for the most part - I guess we'd be testing the core mechanics? I've never done in testing, either beta/alpha, so it'll be fun.

I don't know about the testing date; we still haven't heard about the new video, but based on the release date (May 2014), it makes sense that the testing would take place some months before that.

So, long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if the alpha started on January.
Your in for a treat and they would generally release a alpha sooner judging on the release

Tom

Insider
Your in for a treat and they would generally release a alpha sooner judging on the release

Generally speaking, how early are alphas released? Have you tested in many? (I'm asking out of curiosity, not questioning your knowledge :p)

Komuflage

Insider
Generally speaking, how early are alphas released? Have you tested in many? (I'm asking out of curiosity, not questioning your knowledge :p)
This ofc vary from game to game, some have alpha years before release, some a few months before.
But generally (from my experience) I would say about 5-8months before release. But again, this vary drastically from game to game.

666jet

Insider
I've been in a few closed alphas and betas such as MW:O
And BF:3 and in open beta of BF4 also some others I'm not aloud to talk about because of NDA

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.