Thoughts and Ideas General

Avramovic

Supporter
Okay. After a REALLY successful 2-day session (by 'success' I mean I managed to get to lv4 in one take, with 70% health and NO POT USAGE, and then I only died twenty times to that huge lump of meat with claws), I'm seeing two things regarding inventory view that could, maybe, get improved:

1. ESC key does not take you out of Inventory menu or loot menu - not a big deal, but if you take into consideration that I key is a bit far from WSAD, not to mention even farther from Tab which initiates combat mode, in a crucial moment - say, a hostile zombie runs out of nowhere and hits you from behind while you're examining his dead buddy with tough leather boots - it may mean a difference between successful defense and having to scream in frustration, then explain to people in your household why the screaming, THEN re-rolling another character.

Solution: just bind ESC to make inventory, item and loot windows disappear when hit. If it's possible, it would help and trust me, if you use left hand for WSAD-ing, you would notice the difference.

2. Loot window opens up in the middle of the screen - this one's tied to the previous problem. Imagine that you have won a fight with TWO enemies, not one, but two! And one of them has a rusty shortsword, O Joy! In all that excitement, looking at the middle of the screen at your new not-so-shiny weapon, you forget that doors are open, the third member of that merry undead band is charging at you... oh look, he just entered into the blind zone, behind the open inventory window - you are now hitting I, then Tab quickly, but it's too late. Bye bye 50% health.

Now, before you go "that's what barricading is for" or "be prepared" or "always keep one eye open", I did all that. And still, you would be surprised how often mobs can sneak up on you when you honestly believe it's a safe moment to start digging for loot. Having a huge object that blocks your view in the center of the screen is crucial for abysmal failure in this game.

Solution: remember how neatly docked to left your own inventory is? Devs, put a smile on our faces and do the same with loot/item/chest windows. And, if multiple windows are open, there surely is a solution to stack them diagonally, to left and down, but also on the far right side of the screen... thus making a huge empty space, with your char centered and fully aware of his/her surrounding.

Mowglia

ESC key does not take you out of Inventory menu or loot menu - not a big deal, but if you take into consideration that I key is a bit far from WSAD, not to mention even farther from Tab which initiates combat mode...

...And, if multiple windows are open, there surely is a solution to stack them diagonally, to left and down, but also on the far right side of the screen... thus making a huge empty space, with your char centered and fully aware of his/her surrounding.
I rebound my keys, there's no way I can stretch and contort like that under duress.

Q - Combat Mode
E - Interact (during combat)
X - Run
R - Inventory
F - Skills
Spacebar - Crouch

Considering Run (key) doesn't seem to work in combat, and Crouch doesn't seem to work outside combat, then ideally I'd probably set X as Crouch (as well as Run), except there doesn't seem to be a way to bind two functions to the same key.

Note: I only set X as Run because I usually move with the keys outside combat. Assuming you use the mouse to move outside combat then you might want to set X as Crouch (or leave it as C).

If anything "bad" happens while you're otherwise indisposed just press Q to enter Combat Mode. All windows disappear and you're ready to fight.

The windows thing; I'd definitely prefer the far right option too. I'd like as much visible space around my character as possible. Ironic how covering my character with something can make me feel so horribly exposed!

Mowglia

In combat I can sprint with the keys (assuming I'm already running with the mouse, or even vice-versa which sprints from a standing/dashing start), but as yet I've not found a way to simply run with the keys (i.e., not use the mouse at all).

Outside of combat I can either run with the keys (and sprint with RMB), or alternatively run with RMB (and sprint with the keys). One or the other will run, and using both will sprint.

In other words Shift+W won't make me run in combat, I just dash forward the same as if I wasn't pressing Shift at all. I assumed this was the case because in combat mode we always face the cursor (unlike non-combat mode), although I'm not entirely sure why Shift+W wouldn't make the character (attempt to) run towards the cursor (without using RMB at all).

burgzaza

Insider
Oh the shame. Somehow I didn't even know there were three levels of speed, in something like 100 hours of dungeons play...
I onlly used to right clic when in combat and use shift+w.
It's subtle but yeah quite faster on a long distance. Might be easier to lose enemies for me now x)

Being able to use some form of lightning spell/power to be able to electrocute water puddles would be awesome.
Being able to use fire spells/powers to ignite wood/oil/something like that would also be awesome.
Being able to use the "force push" power to propel world objects/items into NPC's to knock them down/deal damage would be neat as hell.

Take a look at Divinity: Original Sin's magic display to see what I mean and see for yourself how awesome it could be!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.