What's taking so long?

Sgt. Floris

In the age of a holy snowflake and spiritual gender pronoun calling someone "naive" or suggesting that someone might not be very bright is considered to be an insult.

But no Floris, I don't think you're right about Exanima, the devs do work hard and they do make progress, it's just there is not enough of them to do everything they want to in time. Also, was it you who got all lippy with Murf?
There might've been an altercation or two between me and some forum members in the past. Nothing like personal attacks or anything on my part though.

Midcal9

There might've been an altercation or two between me and some forum members in the past. Nothing like personal attacks or anything on my part though.
Woaw that was a bit too formal, I was asking you about a twitch streamer, not this forum.

So basically if that was you, I'll answer your questions which were met with a ban; Devs don't seem to slack off, they just picked up a project which don't seem to be able to stomach, digest and discharge. They live somewhere in Italy, there are 5 of them or so and some of them work more than 10 hours a day. Person who banned you knew about that. There are also a few Twitch steamers who have already showed reworked levels in the upcoming patch.

But that doesn't mean the devs will in fact finish what they intend to do, stuff happens you know. They might get an internal conflict or maybe sui generis will prove to be too much cuz of it's ginormous size. But I wouldn't call those guys lazy, working 14 hours per day would be impossible for me for example, physically. My brain would boil.

Sgt. Floris

Woaw that was a bit too formal, I was asking you about a twitch streamer, not this forum.

So basically if that was you, I'll answer your questions which were met with a ban; Devs don't seem to slack off, they just picked up a project which don't seem to be able to stomach, digest and discharge. They live somewhere in Italy, there are 5 of them or so and some of them work more than 10 hours a day. Person who banned you knew about that. There are also a few Twitch steamers who have already showed reworked levels in the upcoming patch.
Ok that wasn't me, I don't watch anyone on Twitch. The only arguments I've had about this game have been on this forum.

The devs are lazy though, too lazy to even write an update post once in a while. Because they are too lazy to keep us updated on the progress of the game(s), the community has sometimes taken it upon themselves to 'leak' certain info.

Midcal9

The devs are lazy though, too lazy to even write an update post once in a while. Because they are too lazy to keep us updated on the progress of the game(s), the community has sometimes taken it upon themselves to 'leak' certain info.
That's exactly what they guy on Murfs stream said, whose username was very similar to yours. As for communication, some people tend to be this way, it's all about ones personality, behavioral traits and such like. Not everyone is sociable or caring about one status. Basically, when they have nothing to report apart from "I'm working on it" to a whole bunch of people they don't actually know, to the gray mass of needy fans who just wanna play in something they have painstakingly put a lot of their personal time in then the whole communication issue turns into a tedious thing. It's an update for you, for a dev it's "coming clean" time. It's a fruitless and needles confession to people you don't know and don't really care about. although they will always tell you otherwise.

Based on a few snippets of info I've seen about some devs it seems like this exanima project is not something they are doing only for money, but also as some kind project which gives meaning to their own lives (postmodernism alert). Basically, they are doing it for their own reasons. If I were working on something which was taking a lot of my time I wouldn't care about a bunch of kids on some steam forum.

Syllabear3

That's exactly what they guy on Murfs stream said, whose username was very similar to yours. As for communication, some people tend to be this way, it's all about ones personality, behavioral traits and such like. Not everyone is sociable or caring about one status. Basically, when they have nothing to report apart from "I'm working on it" to a whole bunch of people they don't actually know, to the gray mass of needy fans who just wanna play in something they have painstakingly put a lot of their personal time in then the whole communication issue turns into a tedious thing. It's an update for you, for a dev it's "coming clean" time. It's a fruitless and needles confession to people you don't know and don't really care about. although they will always tell you otherwise.

Based on a few snippets of info I've seen about some devs it seems like this exanima project is not something they are doing only for money, but also as some kind project which gives meaning to their own lives (postmodernism alert). Basically, they are doing it for their own reasons. If I were working on something which was taking a lot of my time I wouldn't care about a bunch of kids on some steam forum.
Then dont ask for their money if it is that personal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis

I personally dont understand how hard would it be to comunicate a few words like: "im working on this"; "im fixing this here right now and it seem is not progressing well so it will take some time."; "im shapping these monsters buttocks but i dont like how bubbly they look so i will be working the next two weeks on them"; every 15-30 days with a few pictures to keep people informed and calm.

I am impressed that having a female in their team is not enough to be sensible enough with their customers. But hey its just my opinion.

having a female in their team is not enough
Please do not assume that female or male has anything to do with customer service or their communication.

Casting the above comment aside, we need to accept that Bare Mettle has other priorities than making weekly / monthly DEV announcements / blog.

However, I share your feelings Syllabear3, I hope BM listen to us and improve their Development communication.

For example, every week they could post a "Developer Screenshot", with or without explanation would be fine. Picture / Photo of anything.

Roryn

Insider
But the problem with this is that I think these screenshots would be either spoilery or codey stuff. If they post shots of the former, it's damaging, and if they post shots of the latter, it's pointless -- really just a waste of time.

If people are afraid that they're not doing work, then they shouldn't be! We have sources everywhere that say they're working (really hard) on it, and that's not to mention Tony's constant replies to people who ask if it's being worked on. If people just want to see more of the upcoming content, then that's merely unfortunate for them because plenty of other people would prefer as few spoilers as possible, including BM themselves. They shouldn't be pushing those demands if they know the game is still being worked on, because it doesn't help anyone or anything else.

Syllabear3

Please do not assume that female or male has anything to do with customer service or their communication.

Casting the above comment aside, we need to accept that Bare Mettle has other priorities than making weekly / monthly DEV announcements / blog.

However, I share your feelings Syllabear3, I hope BM listen to us and improve their Development communication.

For example, every week they could post a "Developer Screenshot", with or without explanation would be fine. Picture / Photo of anything.
As far as i know and heard they have better social skills and they are better ceos.

And not even a week, just 15 to 30 days a short paragraph to feed their fans... maybe a pic sure.

Shalani

Insider
Best way to get updates is to go to Discord server.
Constant updates from devs and insiders.
Even Madoc comments and answers questions.

Tony

Insider
Why even have this forum anymore if they only use Discord anyway. Just face it, the devs are retarded.
Why visit these forums if you dislike them so much? Looking at your post history it seems over 50% of your posts are to mock/ridicule other community members and the developers, spread misinformation and attempt to rile people up. If you have concerns and/or constructive criticism(s) then raise them in a civilized manner without spreading libel, insults, name calling, etc. - what you've been doing for over a year is simply being toxic and it's not appropriate... either shape up or ship out, sergeant.

Midcal9

Rile up my forumties! We shall overthrow the Bare Mettle staff and developers, create an anarcho syndicalist commune and finish this game in no time!

Syllabear3

Ive been doing constructive criticism so far.
I just paid u$s15 for a game that i thought is worth, is not like i can complain much about anything.

But i def would be pissed if i helped the kickstarter. As you see in the videos in that page you could see a finished game where they only needed to add magic and a world. But thats just my point of view.

Midcal9

I just paid u$s15 for a game that i thought is worth, is not like i can complain much about anything.
Yeah? Well, and I've bought 3 copies of this game, therefore my criticism is worth trice as much as yours!
But i def would be pissed if i helped the kickstarter. As you see in the videos in that page you could see a finished game where they only needed to add magic and a world. But thats just my point of view.
True, however, if you know that the dev team consists out of 5 persons and they want to create a game the size of Skyrim within 2 years then you need to learn a lesson. A Silly CatBear lesson, which is more of dumb prank than a lesson but I digress.

Anyways, what are their plans for voice acting or are they gonna go full Baldur's Gate on us?

Syllabear3

Your intents of bait are allways weak, Midgetcall911.

I am just talking about my percepcion, not about how fast or slow they work.
Never tried to make a game so i have 0 idea. Tried to shape some figures in 3dg imagery and it took me hours to shape a torso, which is a lot for such easy task. But i would def comunicate if there is any delay or people get anxious.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.