Recent content by dennisftw

1. D

How good are you?

You can still do damage but it just takes way too many hits at master tier not to mention its just not satisfying or that much fun hitting plate armor and clanking off it as opposed to flesh. For expert and above the polehammer just feels more fun throwing people around and completely destroying...
  2. D

Invulnerable shield-wielding arm

I think the hands just have invulnerable hitboxes, I've noticed when I'm fighting unarmed if they hit my hands it just makes a "thwack" sound occasionally it cuts if they use bladed weapons however blunt weapons deal no damage.
  3. D

How good are you?

I've feel like the game has gotten pretty easy, can generally breeze through pretty much all opponents in arena. I've found the polehammer to be the best weapon destroys everything armor or no armor not to mention if you hit someone at the right angle and length (hooking the hammer on the...
  4. D

LIGHTING

While the darkness creates a great atmosphere I just feel that in its current state it doesnt serve all that much purpose gameplay wise given that there arent any real mechanics that implement the darkness (e.g stealth, sneak attacks etc). Most of the time its simply that the room has areas...
  5. D

Combat: Q, E, X plus Mouse

Seems ratherr pointless given they don't add or make the conrtols easier I would like to have keybinds that act as attack modifiers though, for example q would make the attack come in from a high angle and e would come from low, could also implement height based blocking. Although q and e seems...
  6. D

LIGHTING

Is it though? The thing I find annoying about communities of any games that are supposed to be hard is that as soon someone asks about a quality of life change or devs implement feature that might allow the game to be easier for some people, etc we get a bunch of people screeching 'git gud' and...
  7. D

Can the physics engine of exanima be applied to other types of games?

I remember reading that the devs built the engine themselves from the ground up, so I was wondering if the engine was limited to exanima style of games (i.e 3rd person isometric) or is it capable of being applied to other types of games like first person, brawlers etc? if so is it theoretically...
  8. D

LIGHTING

I would prefer a more well-lit environment, all this 'but muh skillcap' comments are simply elitist bullshit the darkness is simply an inconvenience that forces me to carry a torch around doesn't really add a handicap other than the fact that sometimes I won't be able to use 2 handed weapons or...
  9. D

Quick video showing difference between pugilism in 6.4.x and 6.5.x

Definitely hasnt been implemented been thrown around all over the place when fighting ogre never been hurt, I do wish we could get a sandbox mode with editor. Not sure if you've played overgrowth but in that game you could change the force of your hits so they would send enemies flying, would...
  10. D

The punches im throwing in the video would elicit the same reactions if someone got hit by them irl, I do boxing and I can tell you that if someone got hit those punches shown in 6.4.x with that big of a weight difference they would drop even harder but just with slightly less blood. Like axel...
  11. D

Made a thread in feedback about why I feel pugilism felt like it was downgraded in the recent patch but couldn't really explain it properly so heres a video I made showing the difference the 2 versions. In the video you would notice that none of the hits made in 6.5.x could really match the...
  12. D

Poll: Are shields wielded by hostile NPCs too effective?

Just crouch when you swing for easy wins against shields. My main gripe with them is that they're simply not fun to play against as they can completely neutralise almost every attack besides crouches. I feel like the main problem is lack of punishes available against shields, the most effective...
  13. D

Dreams of dependent camera and other feedback

I find tapping the space bar after every few shots to be alot better than holding it. I disagree with having a completely dependent camera as you need the separation to wind up swings etc and you definitely can't control the character properly if you hold the space bar down the entire time not...
  14. D

Pugilsim has been completely neutered in 6.5.x update, make unarmed combat great again!

Can't really explain it but shots that should have completely destroyed the opponents face in previous patches now feels like slapping them with a wet towel perhaps it not as noticeable if you haven't played it in-depth. I'll make a video for it soon to showcase the difference

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.