Ambience Lighting

Scifer

Every time I enter in the bathroom in the first map and see that strong sun light I feel so frustrated knowing it is the only one in the entire game!
I strongly oppose the idea of designing completely dark levels in a game that is meant to present a new company, technology and ideas. To present your work in absolute darkness! Seriously? A game that doesn't have even stealth elements. It just renders two-handed weapons and shields totally useless. And it will get even more frustrating when we finally have the so craved ranged weapons.
If there is one thing I REALLY love about this game is the "low fantasy" setting and I hope you never ever leave it. However it is very common to find magical sources of light, which is cool but... I think it would be interesting to keep magic as a special/rare/advanced thing, making magical artifacts available only in far/hidden places.
So to keep the dark environment, I ask you to place more natural light sources, mostly along the main path but not the hole way of course, like very tiny fences, narrow windows, ritual candles on the ground and etc.
This way we don't have to drop the torch on the ground every time we need the other hand.
Please leave the absolute darkness to final Sui Generis.

Greenbrog

Insider
Disagree. More different light sources, yes. Less magical ones? No thanks. The "magical" ones now could have a moss in them or a jellyfish or something like that, them producing light could be relatively "mundane." Low fantasy shouldn't be, no technology. Though, anything without a long lasting fuel source (role playing zietgiest) probably wouldn't be around anymore, while the time frame on the ruins your in is super vague, they are ruins and most fuel sources would be volatilized/rotted.

Murf

Being that it is underground there are no 'natural' light sources, you have your torch, and then the orbs on the wall, some of which have long since stopped working. There is also a couple items that emit their own light and a incinerator or two that also emit light.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.