Awesome game! + some questions.

Derpan

Insider
Thank you for developing an awesome game! I love the physics, the graphics and the idea aswell!

I just wanted to ask one question if that's alright,

Will the Multiplayer/Lan support even be possible achieving considering the physics are so awesome!?
Or will this just take alot of time?

Anyways, Had no clue where to put this but. You should really try getting in touch with Totalhalibut/Totalbiscuit and convince him into trying your game out for his "WTF is" series. This would get you alot more publicity and attention which I think it would have a very positive effect on the growth of the community already supporting this game! :). I'm not saying you should do it right now, but as soon as you have a "playable" version of the game. Was just a tip though, thanks once again for making such an awesome game!

//Derpan

Gusmil

Insider
Hello Derpan, your question have already been awnsered in another topic. This is the awnser, enjoy.

We definitely want multiplayer and LAN should present no problem. Our ultimate aim is to have online multiplayer with massively multiplayer elements, but because of the physics intensive gameplay this is potentially problematic, particularly for competitive play. We're not likely to begin development of the online elements until after an initial release.

Derpan

Insider
Hello Derpan, your question have already been awnsered in another topic. This is the awnser, enjoy.
Ye I saw that, but my question was if it's possible? and if it would take like loads and loads of time. Thank you anyways althought

Humblerbee

Insider
Ye I saw that, but my question was if it's possible? and if it would take like loads and loads of time. Thank you anyways althought
It's definitely possible, I'm not sure how long it would take, and really, I don't particularly think it should be massively multiplayer, though I think it could very well work with co-op play. The game is about experiencing this vast, unknown world and exploring as you move through it, and making your own choices and impact upon the world. In an MMO, you don't have an impact on the world, and the plot would simply not work with thousands of powered heroes adventuring throughout the land- I'd say I wouldn't want any more players then can fit in a party, maybe 8 maximum. Now, could they develop a tertiary multiplayer mode where you fight other players or something? Sure, but that's a completely different thing from the main game, and something I'd rather not see shoe-horned into this game, I think everything should go towards making the world as fantastic and chock full of adventure and content as possible, and leave things like that for after release, if at all. Though, I could be completely misreading what Madoc said, or his intent. I'm no mind reader, and this is just my opinion.

Brendan

Developer
@Derpan Thanks for the positive feedback!

To elaborate a bit, multiplayer is definitely possible, the main concern is that low or at least consistent latency will be required to synchronise multiple clients' physics engines. This is especially an issue for competitive play.

Won't be a problem on LAN, *hopefully* won't be a problem over the internet, continentally with a good connection at least :)

Derpan

Insider
@Derpan Thanks for the positive feedback!

To elaborate a bit, multiplayer is definitely possible, the main concern is that low or at least consistent latency will be required to synchronise multiple clients' physics engines. This is especially an issue for competitive play.

Won't be a problem on LAN, *hopefully* won't be a problem over the internet, continentally with a good connection at least :)
Alright! Thanks for your response! I'll make sure all my friends fund you on kickstarter aswell!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.