Basic Combat Tutorial

Vold

Insider
Part 1:

Part 2:

Steam Guide (Video only).

Since I'm not a native english speaker I decided to use loquendo to add a sexy female voice to it. :p

I hope it helps the new players to understand the controls and get better in the game.

I will also upload the .wav loquendo file so that you can play while listening to the instructions.

Last edited:

Vold

Insider
I will do that, but before I'd like to improve it and fix some dialogs; Some of them sound very robotic at the moment. :p

Vold

Insider
I recently made a new version, which I consider is much better than the old one. I will render and upload it ASAP.

It separates the tutorial in three parts: Basic combat movement and inputs, defense basics and attack basics (which also include a couple of moves that I find very useful and newbie friendly).

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
Aww. You should have used your own voice. I like accents, especially ones that I don't often hear.
Me too ^^
I have to admit I had some trouble to understand what said Kate, english isn't my native language, but I listen to english people all the time with no problem, the bots aren't the best at this :p

Vold

Insider
Hmm, maybe I should add subtitles. :3

The good thing about doing the voice with loquendo is that I do that before than I record the video. When I start recording I start playing the instruction run by loquendo and they get recorded at the same time and I also know what I have to do.

The new version will be ready tomorrow morning most likely, and I will add that one to steam. Although, by some reason I cannot link my youtube account to steam so I will just have to add it in a discussion. :/

Vold

Insider
I think that a weapons tutorial would be handy. For newcomers, the easiest weapon is the sword (2h or 1h), imo. But if they start of with a 2 handed mace or axe, they will suffer a lot.

Excellent video. Should be helpful to players who are suffering from control issues. Perhaps adress the camera next time too? Do you never adjust it while playing arena?

Vold

Insider
Excellent video. Should be helpful to players who are suffering from control issues. Perhaps adress the camera next time too? Do you never adjust it while playing arena?
Yeah, I hope it helps them out. :D

When I started playing I read somewhere that camera turning was meant to be used while exploring (turns out I did not read correctly), so I decided to get used to it. I still have problems doing certain moves at certain angles, but in those cases I rather move the character than the whole camera; otherwise, and specially in Exanima there is a risk of getting lost. :p

Although, I suppose that I should have addressed the camera while in combat... I will do that for the next version.

I never adjust the camera in the arena, and only occasionally in the main game. I actually wonder if that's contributing to the problems people have with the camera and movement. If the camera is fixed in one position, it's easier to "get" that movement is relative to your character. If you're constantly moving the camera position, that's something else you need to manage and get your head around. I'd advise anyone learning combat to keep the camera still and get used to the character-relative movement.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.