Character Customization

Civeta

Insider
First off I am very excited for this game. You have created a lot of what I have dreamed of creating. Spread this thing like wildfire to all I could lol. Got 10 of my close friends to do kickstarter.

Anyways, I am a little curious about character creation and customization. Is this going to be a Diablo similar where your going to pick one of 4 presets like, or is there going to be some kind of body size and face customization?

Thanks if you give this an answer. If not seen AWESOME JOB

This is a little off-topic but it was included in the link you posted. They listed the skill ranks as:
  • Inept
  • Aspirant
  • Novice
  • Expert
  • Adept
  • Master
I'm assuming these are in order but I don't think the order is totally intuitive.

It might just be my understanding (or lack thereof) of these terms but shouldn't "adept" be lower than "expert". RPG's with systems similar to these often have different terms for similar skill levels, so I thought it would be good to get another perspective.

Stephen

Expert: A person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area.
Adept: A person who is skilled or proficient at something.

There is no official 'ranking' of these terms, every game ranks expert above adept from what I can see, its nice to see it a different way I guess. :)

Expert: A person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area.
Adept: A person who is skilled or proficient at something.

There is no official 'ranking' of these terms, every game ranks expert above adept from what I can see, its nice to see it a different way I guess. :)
My point was that they need to make sense to the majority of players. Using words that people don't already have an idea about (like "Journeyman" in Oblivion) is one way, but if words with specific connotations are to be used, they should be make.

That being said, this is totally a quibble that can be handled much farther down the road.

Rob

As Stephen said above, a major part will be body physique, which will affect gameplay. Note as artificial stats, but rather by true simulated physics! Awesome!

Also, it's worth noting Update 11, which indicates the level of inventory customisation that's planned. I love this sort of innovation - bring on the revolution!!!

Halvidore

Insider
The only thing I don't want to see is pre-made faces... I got sick of that in other games in the past way too much. I would like to see at least the facial aspect of the customisation really unique.

Sure the characters will be able to show off body physique but underneath all that armour or another type of clothing might be hard to see. At least with the face (Aside from a helmet) the whole world will be able to see it.

After all so far humans are the only playable race so far (Tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) so why not go all out?

Venom

• Largest physique
  • facial scars
  • blind of one eye
  • black armor of exaggerated size
  • largest one-handed sword in left hand and largest crossbow that fires diamond-tipped bolts in the other
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Medieval Space Marine (my dream character)

nox

Insider
  • Largest physique
  • facial scars
  • blind of one eye
  • black armor of exaggerated size
  • largest one-handed sword in left hand and largest crossbow that fires diamond-tipped bolts in the other
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Medieval Space Marine (my dream character)
Or Guts from Berserker :p

Kaizer0002

Insider
One thing that bothers me from a lot of games is when one gender gets hair customization options the other gender does not. The most recent example was XCOM: EU where I have a lot of male friends with long hair and I had to give them helmets when trying to recreate them in game because boys don't have long hair.

walltar

Insider
One thing that bothers me from a lot of games is when one gender gets hair customization options the other gender does not. The most recent example was XCOM: EU where I have a lot of male friends with long hair and I had to give them helmets when trying to recreate them in game because boys don't have long hair.
Well if you thing about it, how many long haired soliders do you know? Don't they have some regulations for haircut?

Kaizer0002

Insider
If they did then the women wouldn't have had long hair either. If we went by the original XCOM then every man was required to have a super 90s Guile style haircut and all the women had pony tails. I'm not saying they should have had longer hair, just the same options for both genders. Women in XCOM: EU could sport the flat top or buzzed look.

SergeDavid

Insider
In most cases character creation I want involves noticeable differences like being a midget, or having a peg leg. Being able to choose things like Eye color off a RRBBGG scale would be nice and having more then five flesh tones as well, but I can care less if my character has a slightly wider nose as long as the character looks alright enough, because I can grow to love.

BrecMadak

Insider
Arcanum at the time, had 3 different sized armor presenting in the game that's suitable for 3 different physics size, and you couldn't wear any different sized armor other than the one that fits you. Anything like this is likely to be happened in SG as well ?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.