circling around foes

I d like to be able to lock the enemies and be able to switch from one to another , that way you would always face your enemy and make circles around him when fighting him. It worked great on blade of Darkness

Komuflage

Insider
Now, I'm not the one to make decisions here, but I don't think this will be implemented as they want you to aim with the cursor. However it's still possible to circle around your enemy, since your character always faces the cursor, you can simply aim the cursor against your opponent and press A or D.

I see what you mean but it won't as easy to follow the enemy with your mouse and concentrate on tactics.Maybe they could include it as an option you can tick in the gameplay menu, that lock thing I mean ?
The lock would help you to throw your sword toward your enemy when beeing far away from them

walltar

Insider
But if your character is allways facing the mouse how would you determine when to go towards the mouse and when to go towards locked enemy? And it would take away half of movement control you have.

The devs have said there will be no "auto aiming". I know this is different but I think the same concept applies. If it is too difficult to circle successfully, and still attack and use other combat strategies, I would try reducing the difficulty and working back up to a level where it is manageable. That being said, none of us have played the game :)() so we don't really know what the final experience will be like.

Verva

This would probably be one of those cases where you would need to practice the tactic to get good at it, instead of the game doing it for you. The fewer the assists, I think, the better. But I haven't played it so we'll see.

I don't like assist very much nor console games and their auto aiming but in Severance , blade of darkness it worked pretty well and was thinking it could suit Sui Generis too, but if the devs got a system that works fine and is intuitive then it's all good.I m pretty confident, the guys know what they are talking about.

The problem with locking on to enemies is that it simplifies combat too much & is not very life like. As I understand it there will rarely be more than one or two enemies to fight at one time & even entering into combat will be a considered move. There will always be negative repercussions unless you are well prepared.

Gameplay should be the heart of the game so the "not very life like" feelling is secondary in my opinion though important.I prefer a game that plays smoothly over a very realistic one, but if they can combine both it would be just great.

Verva

I don't like assist very much nor console games and their auto aiming but in Severance , blade of darkness it worked pretty well and was thinking it could suit Sui Generis too, but if the devs got a system that works fine and is intuitive then it's all good.I m pretty confident, the guys know what they are talking about.
Severence wasn't a top-down isometric game. That system wouldn't work at all in sui generis.

In my opinion, auto-lock on isn't in the spirit of the combat system. Look at how it works; you point your mouse where you want to hit, make sure you're in range to hit, and choose to attack (lowering your defenses) to swing. If you throw an assist in there like auto lock you make one of those steps too easy, and make the whole system too easy. It seems like fiddling with the movement keys is a big part of the "Skill, not level" thing they're going for.

666jet

Insider
Severence wasn't a top-down isometric game. That system wouldn't work at all in sui generis.

In my opinion, auto-lock on isn't in the spirit of the combat system. Look at how it works; you point your mouse where you want to hit, make sure you're in range to hit, and choose to attack (lowering your defenses) to swing. If you throw an assist in there like auto lock you make one of those steps too easy, and make the whole system too easy. It seems like fiddling with the movement keys is a big part of the "Skill, not level" thing they're going for.
No auto lock good!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.