Clarification on access to beta on steam

Philomorph

Supporter
Some of the language used has me confused so I just wanted to get clarification. When do backers at the lowest Kickstarter tier (£10 ) get access to Exanima? At first it sounded like all backers would get access to the beta on steam once greenlit, but since I haven't gotten a key I'm guessing that's not correct?

Also, the backer store still lists a "DIGITAL RELEASE TIER" at that price which seems to have the same rewards as the KS tier, which seems strange, as usually KS backers get a better deal than late backers do.

Don Kanaille

Insider
The 10 pound tier grants you "digital copies of Exanima and Sui Generis on release". Release refers to the full release; while Exanima has been greenlit, it is supposed to launch on Steam on the 29th. However as far as I know, it will still be in early access. There is currently no fixed date for the full release of Exanima that I am aware of and it may take a while until the devs consider it finished and launch version 1.0 (current version is 0.4.3.1). If you want to play Exanima now I recommend upgrading your pledge to the 20 pound tier.

I thought the official steam release would give all backers on all levels access to the game. If that's true, give it till the 29th and see if you get a key.

Don Kanaille

Insider
It´s possible; but my interpretation would be different - in that the first tier only grants access to the 1.0 full release versions of the games. But we´ll see on wednesday.

Good, i was wondering why it said my account could not be found on the downloads link, i guess this will activate on the 29th.

Tony

Insider
Good, i was wondering why it said my account could not be found on the downloads link, i guess this will activate on the 29th.
If you've already backed the game it should show you as "supporter" or "insider" and not member. If you can't login to the account page then you'll need to email them to get things sorted.

Don Kanaille

Insider
Cheers Tony, i checked on Kickstarter and i am a 20 GBp backer, don't know what went wrong there.
Did you use different e-mails for Kickstarter and this forum? Because that is what caused me some trouble back then; BM had to sort that out manually.

Indeed, we're counting Steam Early Access as the first release as it wouldn't be fair to our lower tier backers otherwise. I've also got Steam keys for everyone which you can expect to receive tomorrow! :)
Great to hear! :D
And probably the smarter move, finally rewarding all your backers and getting the game a playerbase. Will the game also already be purchaseable by regular Steam users?

Really looking forward :D

Tony

Insider
Did you use different e-mails for Kickstarter and this forum? Because that is what caused me some trouble back then; BM had to sort that out manually.

Great to hear! :D
And probably the smarter move, finally rewarding all your backers and getting the game a playerbase. Will the game also already be purchaseable by regular Steam users?

Really looking forward :D
Yes, Steam users will be able to purchase Exanima for $15 on April 29th.

Philomorph

Supporter
I got my steam key and entered it, but nothing new showed up in my list. Not a big deal, assuming it shows up tomorrow as scheduled. But this is the first time I've added a pre-order key to Steam and not had something show up in my library, even as a pre-order that I couldn't load yet.

Is this expected behavior?

Don Kanaille

Insider
Same here, but given that it´s still seven hours till launch, I´m not really concerned. I entered the key again just to be sure and Steam says that Exanima is already acticvated on my account, so it is definitely there. Just waiting for it now :)

Avramovic

Supporter
In a very lulzome and unexpected turn of events, I didn't get my degree due to administrative ****ups from two professors. I just hope BM isn't as blundering as my country's educational system.

Philomorph

Supporter
Ten minutes after the hour and no sign on Steam, either of my download or the game even being listed online (except the greenlight site). /commence impatient foot tapping :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.