Crazy idea for Exanima.

ChavaiotH

Imagine you've cleared all 14 levels of Exanima dungeons and in the end level there is a door. You enter the door and you are outside. At this point starts Sui Generis. Yesss. Seamless.
Of course you have to buy it.

konggary

Different parts of the same timeline, illogical.

Now some continuity would be cool- visiting the Ex. dungeon, seeing either
A. the things you've done in an Exanima save, or
B. some default scenario where a fictitious Ex. character went through the dungeon.

A. seems very difficult to pull off, but it would be awesome

Qazlal

Imagine you've cleared all 14 levels of Exanima dungeons and in the end level there is a door. You enter the door and you are outside. At this point starts Sui Generis. Yesss. Seamless.
Of course you have to buy it.
At first it looks great, but your character will be overpowered at the end of Exanima.

Qazlal

We know it never happens, so let's imagine it. How could it be done?
Actually, I was thinking about merging E and SG in one game. I don't think this will be done, but it would have been astonishing.
About the door that leads to SG contend directly from E - a hero could get magically trapped, lost all his inventory, memory and skills (all progress). After that a player might meet his stuff in different corners of the game, heavily protected by bosses within their chests or even used my enemies (a scrub with an electro mace...).

MindSliver

I don't get what you mean by a paywall, pretty sure if you bought Exanima, you own SG when it releases
Would that it was so but so far as I know Exanima and Sui Generis are separate products. Exanima being a prelude to Sui Generis and an opportunity for eager fans to help fund the much larger and final project. Though honestly I'll happily pay for both just as a thank you for creating something so original.

Hastur

I think I read somewhere that we could keep our Exanima character in Sui Generis and continue with the same skills and experience. Am I correct? If so, can we choose either to keep arena character or story mode character? Or is it by default story mode character that is kept?

Tony

Insider
I think I read somewhere that we could keep our Exanima character in Sui Generis and continue with the same skills and experience. Am I correct? If so, can we choose either to keep arena character or story mode character? Or is it by default story mode character that is kept?
This is not correct. Exanima takes place 20 years prior to Sui Generis. You will not be able to keep the same character although some of the places in Exanima will exist in SG (you'll be able to visit the areas in the Underworld).

The character you'll be playing in SG is going to have the ability to come back to life after death and will be unique in this way (which is where the name Sui Generis comes from, meaning "one of a kind"). The character you play as in Exanima does not.

Hastur

This is not correct. Exanima takes place 20 years prior to Sui Generis. You will not be able to keep the same character although some of the places in Exanima will exist in SG (you'll be able to visit the areas in the Underworld).

The character you'll be playing in SG is going to have the ability to come back to life after death and will be unique in this way (which is where the name Sui Generis comes from, meaning "one of a kind"). The character you play as in Exanima does not.
Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification. And when you say that our SG character will be able to come back to life, do you mean systematically after each death or only in some story related moments?

konggary

Oh, okay, thanks for the clarification. And when you say that our SG character will be able to come back to life, do you mean systematically after each death or only in some story related moments?
A respawn system, with penalties for death.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.