Creature Suggestions

Carabinier

Insider
One thing I'd like to see, even as a one time event, would be a Dullahan. It could be terrorizing a village during nights, and the only way you'd learn about it would be by listening to the drunkards at the villages inn or stumbling upon it at night.

Venom

Since they are using ogres, skeletons and ghosts we can only assume that they'll use every other generic enemy out there such as harpies, trolls, imps, etc. I want to see an original creature which THEY name.

calithlin

Insider
Since they are using ogres, skeletons and ghosts we can only assume that they'll use every other generic enemy out there such as harpies, trolls, imps, etc. I want to see an original creature which THEY name.
I think you've characterized what they've done here. All of the creatures they're making are basically new monsters, but the characters in the world are mostly poorly educated. So when someone sees a giant armored green thing (porky) they point their fingers and cry "Aaaah! Ogre!"

That doesn't make it an ogre and act like all the other ogres there ever were. It happens to share some characteristics but we don't know how its society works at all, if it was made through thaumaturgic means, if it was once a human, or anything (yet).
The same goes for 'demons' in the game, which are apparently extra-dimensional beings (something summoned through displacement?) but are called demons due to their otherworldly nature and the misunderstanding of the peasantry.

For all we know these creatures already have 'real' names, but what we're given is the superstitions of the peasants for now (I'm sure these things probably have significant lore impacts and are suppossed to be learned in game).

And as for skeletons, it's a bit cheap to call them out on that. Every human has a skeleton so when dealing with reanimating dead... you've kind of got to go there.

Pantheon

Insider
I disagree. DS is fun but I don't want this game to be over the top brutal.
I didn't mean that SG should copy DSs difficulty, but that even not dangerous-seeming enemies can be a threat to players.
When I first arrived at the Firelink Shrine and didn't know where to go, I stumbled upon the graveyard that was inhabited by skeletons and because skeletons aren't much of a threat in most games, I thought I can beat them easily. I was so wrong...

I completely agree with most of the posts above concerning the non systematical aggressive behavior of the fauna, I also approve the rarity of legendary typed creature, I think that the rarity and dangerousness of combat should be something to stick to. I would like to fight mostly human characters, and I hope that random behaviours will be implemented for them, in fact I can mostly tell about what i don't want to see.

I don't want to see systematically aggressive bandits like in the elder scrolls, I don't want the wilds being overpopulated with bad guys, I don't want to completely get rid of the "coins or life" question, but in some cases I would like to speak to those guys, trade, casual chatting or questing with them, I want them to notice that I'm broke or that i don't own anything fancy, the ideal would be that they invite me to their party an try to stick a dagger in my back while shacking my hand.

I don't want to see tiny squirrels jumping at my face unless they have a reason for it, like having a deadly poisoned fangs which they use after a provocative stance to defend their territory, being infecting by diseases, or being the host of some kind of parasite, in which case and i d like to know about it, visually and acoustically (visible tumor, strange behavior, weird screams).

I don't want to see all of the Tolkien roster once again, even if goblins seems to have a good fan-base here :p , at least don't call them goblins or orcs or elves, and don't make genetically aggressive or peacefull race, once one can speak, he should be able to chose between being an asshole or having friends among people whose appearance differ from him.

Also I don't want to be stuck facing a douchebag, who insults me, i would like to make foes among the commoners too and I'm not speaking of systematic warhammer bashing, I would like to be able to threatened them, by unsheathing the previously mentioned warhammer, maybe insult them, I don't know i would like to be able to adopt certain behavior with certain people, positive or negative.

Finally what I would like, speaking about the creatures, is something new, creative, lore friendly, gameplay friendly, and non systematically aggressive.

Oh and before I forget, do a female version, and a child version of everything, No more hermaphrodites beings everywhere please.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.