Daemons, Demons and Dragons... And the likes of it

everything is based on physics, so i guess stuff that will have to touch you actually can kill you.. and the bigger, the harder impact.. big flying dragons will be able to strike you down before you lift a finger, so the only option that would be with one like that would be something like a trapped dragon in a big treasure room.. either way, it would be too hard to fight it, even when you think of what kind of powerfull creature it is, no mortal man has ever beaten a dragon alone, darksouls makes it rather shabby when i think of it, one of their more fault designes.
When it comes to other creatures and monsters, id imagin something like a giant octopus or a wearwolf would be some of the harder of battles.. I imagin baremettle are gonna go for the more mortal turn of gameplay, rather than a godlike mah who can shoot lazer out his eyes

Darkzone

Insider
Without formula:
A double size enemy would have 8 times the mass, with 2 times the diameter or radius of arms and legs, that would resolve to about 4 times the Area. So the enemies would have at least 2x higher kinetic energy and if we would count the higher angular movement in, then it would be much much higher. Further if we have dragons which have scales for armor then we have no means of cutting of a body memeber. In other words don't mess with a dragon.
And hallo to everyone.:)

Zervostyrd

Insider
In other words don't mess with a dragon.
And hallo to everyone.:)
with a fully automatic 40mm cannon on a 90 x 360 swiwerling mount, and a ballistic computer, a Dragon doesn't pose that big of a problem. :p

However to your average Dragonborn, yeap I guess you're right... And Hi! :)

Edit: Using polearms/Spears, is the most viable counter though obviously you'd be better off with a couple of friends.

Scarecrow

Insider
I think I would go for a Ballistae against a Dragon. If that's not available, then crossbows and longbows (perhaps javelins as well). I doubt a Dragon would land in front of your face unless forced to.

Still agree to not messing with a Dragon however. Also, welcome Darkzone

malfunction

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think for the "large monster" mechanic to work, they need to very predictably reside in certain areas. You wouldn't want them roaming around the map. You'd want to be able to find them some specific place, realize they're way too strong for you, back the fuck up, and then come back a few hours later with some backup NPCs and better skills to fight them.

So maybe something like Smaug living in a mountain, or a giant demon living in a cave. It'd be pretty awesome as a late game mechanic to be able to properly raid a high powered creature's lair, or die a foolish hero.

Tony

Insider
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think for the "large monster" mechanic to work, they need to very predictably reside in certain areas. You wouldn't want them roaming around the map. You'd want to be able to find them some specific place, realize they're way too strong for you, back the fuck up, and then come back a few hours later with some backup NPCs and better skills to fight them.

So maybe something like Smaug living in a mountain, or a giant demon living in a cave. It'd be pretty awesome as a late game mechanic to be able to properly raid a high powered creature's lair, or die a foolish hero.
Specific places like the planned underworld? ;) Being able to actually adventure and explore is what I look forward to most in Sui Generis. Very few games make exploration exciting. Uncovering secrets and finding hidden areas (with who knows what lurking inside) and figuring out what is going on in the world around you will be epic :)

Granville

Insider
As far as "daemons" are concerned, i think the most likely thing we'll see the twisted remnants of thaumaturges who delved too deep into their dark pursuits. This would open up some cool visuals, as these "daemons" would be shaped by their respective innate talents (mind, body, force ect).

Reactions: lvk

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.