Death

James

I'm primarily posting this because this seems to be an issue with a lot of questions and uncertainty - I'd like to unambiguously know the exact mechanics.

Is there only one game mode with regards to death?
Will the game use permadeath?
If not, when I die as a result of a character death (as opposed to a crash), what happens?
If the game/computer crashes, what happens? (assuming no file corruption occurs)

It has been mentioned by Sui Generis that other games have the same death mechanics - could you name some? A solid example will alleviate any possible ambiguity.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan

Developer
Hi James,

We've added a FAQ entry on our Kickstarter page which explains most of this, I'll paste it for you below.

"Your progress in the game will be saved constantly making the effects of all events and decisions permanent. This is an open world game and progress is not linear. Death is not permanent, unless in special game modes. Instances of the world are fully persistent but you can carry your characters across multiple instances."

To elaborate further, in the normal game mode you will return to life elsewhere in the world. We will also have a permanent death game mode which has plot and other implications.

Your game progress is saved continuously, so in the unlikely event of a crash your game will simply return to the state it was in. As an example, take pretty much any MMO game.

Cheers,
Brendan

James

Thanks for the reply - Personally any confusion came from "death is not permanent", which didn't immediately mean to me that you would be in-game-world resurrected.

Brendan

Developer
Ah fair enough, just didn't want to give too much away plot wise but on reflection I guess it was a bit over vague. Thanks for the feedback, I'll update the FAQ! :)

Robert

Insider
I know I shouldn't be guessing (it's a bit like guessing what your Christmas presents are), and I'm sure I'm wrong, but my imagination will do what it will.

I'm imagining being resurrected by a witch who forces you do things for her each time you die (she owns your soul or something). You have to wander around and find whomever stole your stuff each time and get it back. Eventually you get strong enough that you can kill her and take her power. With it you might finally able to stand up to the big bad guy, though he posses the power to kill you and make sure you stay dead, so you gotta be prepared - remember to leave a will for your kids...

Valvar

To elaborate further, in the normal game mode you will return to life elsewhere in the world. We will also have a permanent death game mode which has plot and other implications.
Excellent! I am well pleased to hear this, and I will definitely be playing this game-mode!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.