Exanima 0.5.3.1 patch

Octo

Insider
Could you please try to keep up with the patch/update threads.
I always find out about new hotfixes from random forum posts, and have no idea what fixes to look for.

Greenbrog

Insider
Um. The steam forums are spewing with hate right now, because of exactly this topic. I wouldn't expect much of an answer to continue fuel that. Madoc has basically stated, it'll be here when it's done. Giving ETAs hasn't been accurate, calming, or beneficial.

Um. The steam forums are spewing with hate right now, because of exactly this topic. I wouldn't expect much of an answer to continue fuel that. Madoc has basically stated, it'll be here when it's done. Giving ETAs hasn't been accurate, calming, or beneficial.
It's the steam forum. *shrugs*

They've always been like that with almost every early access game ever.

I don't get the hate on patches that take long time, it is not like the developers have obligation to do X patches in Y days.

On the other hand, getting some info on progress is really good AND calming. Take Kerbal Space Program. They have a big patch coming up that will switch to Unity 5. It was taking so much time that they split some features off and will deliver them in a separate patch that will hit before the big one. There are no fixed dates, but some rough estimates as to when these patches hit, and what will be in them. Most importantly, it says whether your saves will be compatible or not, which has serious impact on how people with little game time during the week play.
Squad is doing an excellent job of communicating this information on weekly basis with their DevBlog. I think Bare Mettle could improve a lot in communication department - no matter how good the games are, you need to build a community to actually make them succeed.

Greenbrog

Insider
And now you've said exactly what has been said on the steam forums. I just hope the same conversation doesn't strike up here now. But history repeats itself I guess.

[RANTS EXTERNALLY]
Well, actually some dev diaries will make a great deal in terms of attracting more customers. I've been watching some letsplays and walkthroughs, but I can't go and buy game on Steam just because there are no actual news from developers. Are they still working on it? Maybe they have been eaten by giant rats? Dunno. I like how game looks and how hardcore it is, but the lack of news disturbs me.
I understand that working hard on the game can leave no time for writing news, but maybe devs should consider even asking a friend to post some small news like "here's a new cool weapon", "here's a sketch of a level", "characters now don't look drunk anymore".
It's an early access game, devs are attracting customers and the best way to attract them is to assure them that money they spend will get them good stuff as a result. And to do that devs should show that they are working on the game and are still interested in making it.

But well, that's just like, my opinion, man

Greenbrog

Insider
And you've said what's been said already, so it continues here. The devs do talk on the stream forums. Just look up posts by bare mettle, murf has linked it many times over there. But this isn't the venue to talk about business models. sticking random complaints or suggestions under a comment section for a specific , old patch isn't the right place to get attention from the people that matter.

It's active so I post here! :3
Well, actually I avoid Steam forums because they are ugly and as uninformative as a forum can get, and that's another reason for why there's so much butthurt I think. Yes, now I see posts by Bare Mettle, and for whatever reason some of posts do and some do not have a "developer" tag. WTF?
Anyway, thanks for pointing this out, it was really helpful.

NachoDawg

That Piluminati guy made a prophesy on beam that the steam patch comes out friday (tomorrow), two weeks ago. If it doesn't then that's fine, but I think I need to find him in an arena match in the future and humiliate him >:c

friday edit: TODAY IS A DAY OF PROPHECY TOLD, @Pilluminati

Saturday 01:52 edit: Pilluminati you bastaaaaard

Last edited:

Zelumiel

Thinking about buying this game, but a little unsure about the updates. I saw that the last update was 28 july. Not very long, but hasn`t see any messages from the devs either(on steam). So befor I buy this game I reallly want some answers about the upcoming updates.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.