Exanima Hotfix 0.4.3.3

Campaign I just finally tried in this new build and that feels okay to me so far. It was strange though the animations got really slow in combat yet I was maintaining 58-60 fps. It didn't hurt me at all but was strange none the less.

Vold

Insider
I just played in arena mode, using hold for dashes and it felt great, much smoother than in the previous versions.

I just had one of the most epic battles I've had in the arena, managed to defeat all but the boss, which feels much more powerful now. Even after smashing him on the floor a few times and several strikes. It felt so personal...

Another thing that I really like about 4.3 is that the characters react much more to big blows, getting unbalanced, falling or getting stunned. This is one of the awesome things about combat in this game, a real stun or knockdown, not based on a dice. :D

Edit: It feels easier to knockdown the boss.

Last edited:

Madoc

Project Lead
As mentioned, due to the combat changes the AI is in a pretty broken state at the moment and unfortunately this reduces to combat to being a bit of a slugfest. We're fixing it though and I'm already finding it much more fun to play, it's a lot more tactical rather than just relentlessly exchanging blows. I was honestly surprised at how much this increased my enjoyment of the game. Parries and blocks are definitely not working as intended and fixing this is a priority. There's a fair amount to fix still but we can keep releasing hotfixes to give you access to the improvements as they come.

We're aiming to release Exanima on Steam Early Access to all backers on the 29th. We've decided to postpone adding the new content to shortly after release and instead focus on improving what the game currently offers. We're adding some nice new features to the main game mode, fixing various combat issues for the arena mode and taking a little more time to make sure the new content is ready.

Another thing that I really like about 4.3 is that the characters react much more to big blows, getting unbalanced, falling or getting stunned. This is one of the awesome things about combat in this game, a real stun or knockdown, not based on a dice. :D
I'm having a lot of fun knocking people down with the maul. They go splat quite a lot.

mandredson

Insider
I am just playing the game for a few days and I like almost everything so far and glad that I backed your game.
Since the version 0.4.3.3 I have the feeling that the avatar moves differently in the arena compared to the dungeon.
In the dungeon my avatar seems to move slowlier and kind of more sluggish then in the arena.
Is this intended? maybe because the character just awakens after being arrested or something?
I have the impression I cant make the same attacks I do in the arena.
I know, the enviroment and light as well as the space has a big influence on a fight but nonetheless it feels different.
And I have the impression that this wasnt the case before 0.4.3

Elaxter

Insider
Everything should be the same in the dungeon as it is in the arena. It could be your system specs causing some issues.

Vold

Insider
I am just playing the game for a few days and I like almost everything so far and glad that I backed your game.
Since the version 0.4.3.3 I have the feeling that the avatar moves differently in the arena compared to the dungeon.
In the dungeon my avatar seems to move slowlier and kind of more sluggish then in the arena.
Is this intended? maybe because the character just awakens after being arrested or something?
I have the impression I cant make the same attacks I do in the arena.
I know, the enviroment and light as well as the space has a big influence on a fight but nonetheless it feels different.
And I have the impression that this wasnt the case before 0.4.3
The only difference that comes to my mind is that compared to the arena, in the dungeon you start with very unbalanced weapons.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.