Exanima OST Preview

Bethain

Developer
l
Awesome :). Like or dislike let me know what you think. It's not often I find people who are willing to even give most of what I listen to a chance.
Thanks again for taking the time to upload Tony. Already listened once and I'm going in for round two. I like it so far, but I'll give a more in depth opinion one I've given it its due. Gute nacht

Bethain

Developer
So I've listened a bunch of times and I do really like it. The temptation is always to compare things, I'd say YelworC is a pretty unique artist though. Definite shades of NIN (or maybe just Trent Reznor's soundtrack work, to be more precise). Also getting a little Missing Foundation, and Atari Teenage Riot in there at times, but obviously it's a lot more chilled and soundscapey (I done made a word). Anyway in short, it's very good, and I can see why you made the original link to what I wrote in that post a while back, will definitely be listening to it some more in the future. Thanks again Tony.

Tony

Insider
I'm really glad you like it :). I hardly ever get a chance to share music with people since not many appreciate that style; it's not casual music with a simple catchy melody (which seems to be what many people prefer when it comes to music). There's nothing inherently wrong with casual music but I tend to get bored quickly of such music and so I prefer more depth, complexity and creativity. Truly unique artists seem to be few and far between.

Bethain

Developer
I'm really glad you like it :). I hardly ever get a chance to share music with people since not many appreciate that style; it's not casual music with a simple catchy melody (which seems to be what many people prefer when it comes to music). There's nothing inherently wrong with casual music but I tend to get bored quickly of such music and so I prefer more depth, complexity and creativity. Truly unique artists seem to be few and far between.
Couldn't agree more, though to be totally honest I enjoy a lot of mainstream, bubblegum, type stuff a lot too, but it never lasts long, 10 plays or so and it gets binned. The music that stays with me is often the hardest to get my head round initially, if you follow. Probably could have worded that sentence much more efficiently but hopefully I'm clear...

After having said all that though, I still have to admit that my all time favourite band ever in the world ever... are... The Beatles... Yeah... Please don't think less of me for that, it's a childhood-related thing ^_^

Pilluminati

Insider
I've been using
www mp3monkey dot net
to listen to music since they took down grooveshark. Seems to find even the most obscure kind of music such as the one from the video I linked earlier (but cd version) and tons of yelworC songs too. Gives me even more results than spotify :p and you can even download the tracks. Only problem is you might have to click play twice because it's a bit bugged in chrome.

Someone give Bethain a blank check.

A friend showed me this album when he stumbled on it, thought I would dig it cause I'm a Halloween enthusiast. I dug it.

Bethain

Developer
I've been using
www mp3monkey dot net
to listen to music since they took down grooveshark. Seems to find even the most obscure kind of music such as the one from the video I linked earlier (but cd version) and tons of yelworC songs too. Gives me even more results than spotify :p and you can even download the tracks. Only problem is you might have to click play twice because it's a bit bugged in chrome.
Cheers mate, pro tip award!

RobG

Insider
@Bethain have you ever heard Espers? They are one of my favorite groups (sadly split up now) I recommend them to everyone!

Their albums are all numbered and 2 is probably my favorite although they are all good!

For spacey synth weirdness I also recommend The Amorphous Androgynous. Alice in Ultraland is my favorite album by them...

I saw them live at Greenman Festival 2012 and it was probably the best live performance I've witnessed to date.

Last edited:

Bethain

Developer
@Bethain have you ever heard Espers? They are one of my favorite groups (sadly split up now) I recommend them to everyone!

Their albums are all numbered and 2 is probably my favorite although they are all good!

For spacey synth weirdness I also recommend The Amorphous Androgynous. Alice in Ultraland is my favorite album by them...

I saw them live at Greenman Festival 2012 and it was probably the best live performance I've witnessed to date.
Love that first track, been searching for some more stuff like that since I first heard Hazards of love by the Decemberists, love that album, so so assbad, such a shame all their other stuff is totul fakin shoite (that's Irish for not very good fyi).

Was the best version I could find on YT though sadly the uploader hasn't figured out the whole timecode thing (my two fave songs start at 30:21 and 35:45). That said, now this really is an album that has to be listened to from start to finish, isn't even worth bothering otherwise imo, it's a kind of rock-folk-opera thing, with a whole narrative. Some great individual tracks but only fully works as one piece. Whatever, you'll get me if you take the time to listen.

BTW particularly love the crazy synth, flute, viola, panpipes, piano string scraping, whatever the hell else is going on, breakdown, at the end of that Espers track, totally sweet.

As for Amorphous Androgynous, I'm guessing you take, or have taken in your life, a lot, or at least an amount, of psychoactive/psychedelic drugs :p

Seriously though, these kind of bands can sound great loud out of huge systems, certainly aware of that. Not really my cuppa though tbh.

Big, big thanks for the Espers tip though, surprised I've not heard of them before, reet up me street.

RobG

Insider
Awesome, listening now! based on what you said, and this band you posted, about a million bands popped into my head to recommend, but I will avoid spam and PM you with a bit of a list, do with it what you will. My taste is fairly eclectic but I like a lot of music with a similar vibe, the Espers thing, you are in for a treat if you haven't heard them, like I say all their albums are well worth checking.

As for Amorphous Androgynous, I'm guessing you take, or have taken in your life, a lot, or at least an amount, of psychoactive/psychedelic drugs :p
lol ever boiled a San Pedro cacti for 12 hours then drank the juice? What can I say...I had a wild youth, thankfully through that phase of my life, not that I would change anything mind. I think you are missing a trick though, maybe I didn't post the right track here, but they are actually really talented musicians (best drummer I've ever witnessed live and beautiful sitar playing)

Maybe its just because I associate that album with an incredible summer that my opinion is bias, but I honestly think they are a step above the usual electronic junk. Never use generic time sigs which is why I thought you might like them. I think they are easy to dismiss and its a shame because the music actually has a lot of depth to it. Its funny really because I heard of Espers through an Amorphous Androgynous mix album which featured them. Ah well, yeah check your inbox now I have a better idea what to recommend (lots of Espers offshoots to inform you of)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.