Formation and Movement

OK, i haven't seen on the forums where anyone has talked in depth about this and it maybe a bit early as this applies more to Sui Generis.

So as we know there will not be large scale combat but there will be small armies and forces about in the world. What i have learned so far from Exanima is that the AI is awesome and intelligent but works horribly when multiple enemies/friends are fighting. Lets assume that the military forces of Sui Generis will be medieval sized, so 20 - 30 total in an army, they will kill each other more than the enemy. They don't have order in there attack, which is fine for bandits, raiders and others in small war parties but not for larger groups.

formationsfinalk.jpg

so you or those in charge should be able to create battle lines. nothing fancy, just a few adjustable lines that will only change by your command (assuming they are trained and experience ext. Moral of course plays a big part)

as you can see in the above ^ Masterwork -_- that a line would be made up from rows of soldiers from 1-4 rows deep, the width would be dependent on the number of troops you have. Also i think there should be a sort of command mode that would allow the leader to adjust the direction the lines are pointing and where they move. Also there should be an attack lock, force units to only be able to stab or overhead depending on the weapon and where the are in the line.

The units in a formation can't move very quickly and will not have much momentum because of that.

- a shield next to a shield will automatically make the troops lock and form a Shield Wall
- a spear man in the front line will auto lower and outstretch his spear
- two-handed and pole-arms can overhead in between the row in fronts heads but not so far that the hit the front troop's shoulders.

hopefully something like this could help keep big battles from having ridiculous friendly fire and look cool.

Tyon

20-30 people fighting would probably not be possible.. Who knows. But yeah I think some basic commands over how your companions fight is needed, I wouldn't want my guys running around like headless chickens in bigger fights. The AI is also going to be improved for sure, I get hit by my own guys quite a bit in skirmishes, it's not too often but definitely not a rare occurrence.

20-30 people fighting would probably not be possible.. Who knows. But yeah I think some basic commands over how your companions fight is needed, I wouldn't want my guys running around like headless chickens in bigger fights. The AI is also going to be improved for sure, I get hit by my own guys quite a bit in skirmishes, it's not too often but definitely not a rare occurrence.
Yeah some Mount and Blade-like commands could prove useful. I have no idea how larger team based fights would go in the game..

Oh yeah I just meant the overall force.(in my opinion) The formations would probably be only 6 to 8 people at max with only 1 to 3 major formations in an area with specialized parties of 2 to 4 troops. Army encampments (forts, camp's, HQ's ect.) would have troops on reserve that would replace dead or hurt soldiers in the field so we don't have lag or strain. Of course im useing an example of a large military in a time of war, so you wouldn't see this normally.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.