Hey Madoc, will I be able to run your game?

hredthel

Insider
You can sir, I've got 2x8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM coming! The more ram the merrier!
I have 4x4g sniper vs 2x8g. My MB doesn't prioritize channels 1 and 3 like most intel boards.

Can we put our PC's next to each other and see if they make babies?

Rob

I have 4x4g sniper vs 2x8g. My MB doesn't prioritize channels 1 and 3 like most intel boards.

Can we put our PC's next to each other and see if they make babies?
Oooooo... sounds like a recipe for voltage-limited overclocking... I always stick to 1 chip per channel.

Edit: unless you're talking about a quad channel setup, and thus are using 4 out of a potential 8 slots...

hredthel

Insider
Oooooo... sounds like a recipe for voltage-limited overclocking... I always stick to 1 chip per channel.

Edit: unless you're talking about a quad channel setup, and thus are using 4 out of a potential 8 slots...
SCARY BIOS NUMBERS!!!!

naw, actually I haven't needed overclocking. I could use some juice for the 3DsMax renders but for games i'm set. <<<<(proud amd budget system) (no offence MrIdk. I'm sure your Intel setup is orgasmic)

Reactions: Rob

Tony

Insider
I built my system a while back and went with a hexacore processor with hyperthreading. Everyone told me I was stupid cause I'd never use 12 logical cores. Well, if I attempt to stream in 1080p while playing a game like TW2 (which will use 6 cores itself) it's quite easy to max out all 12! Though I was afraid of ruining (or shortening lifespan) a $700 processor so I only have a mild 800mhz overclock.

Rob

Yeah, I think having more cores will become all the more relevant in future too.

I always make sure that the software I write takes good advantage of parallel environments. When I've wanted speed, I've often used 128 cores on my work's cluster, which is fun watching stuff run that quick (of course, I'm not allowed to game on that!).

I always overclock as high as possible, without going above the max voltage specified by the manufacturer. At the moment, that means a 50% overclock on my i7 920, which it's been at for a few years now with no probs. Of course, the custom watercooling setup helps to keep it nice and cool, and practically silent (I like quietness :D).

Tony

Insider
Yes, before my current i7 980x I was running an i7 930 (quite similar to the 920) and had about a 1ghz OC on it. However, I was only using air cooling so I didn't want to push the temps too far. I gave that processor to my brother and it's still going strong :)

Tony

Insider
Hmm, I wonder. When Madoc said he was going to your place to test it out... was he implying testing out Sui Generis?!? If so, can I come? :eek:

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I'm thinks about buying another 140mm fan for the front. :D it looks like ill get some really decent airflow.

Keiran! Someone will be able to get an even better computer after kickstarter haha

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.