Ideas and opinions - new arena of beta (version 0.6.1.0). Post here, please.

I know that this version is beta - there's a lot to change.
I'm creating this topic to gather ideas and opinions on the new arena of beta (version 0.6.1.0).
To make it easier, each post should follow the following format:

What: Pugilism.

Question: Farming gear.

Sugestion: The reward of pugilism is - by far - the fight with more return.

Why: I keep 99% of my time playing in pugilism matches. No risk to lose my character, low entry fee, fast fight, damage isn't permanent (in fact I use pugilism to "rest" my character injured), good reward.

Explain: The pugilism matches should have a smaller reward - or the other matches should have a greater reward. Perhaps increase the amount of pugilism opponents, for reward.

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
Once decent gear is owned, doing expert/expert or adept/adept eliminations pays well and has very low chances of red damages.
You also want to do the match that pays the most when you see an item that you want to buy, but without quite the money for.
But I agree it pays too mutch, mostly because you can punch a master wihout losing anything and it pays well.
One way to "nerf" pugilism could be to make the character knocked off unavailable for several matches. Or to limit pugilism to the character rank.

Mowglia

One way to "nerf" pugilism could be to make the character knocked off unavailable for several matches. Or to limit pugilism to the character rank.

I like this idea, although it would presumably be harder to find a Pugilism match and 'rest' the character, potentially forcing it into a dangerous situation.

What: Dummies.

Question: Training strikes.

Sugestion: Modify these dummies with some kind of piezoelectric sensor to show how hard (force) we are hitting.

Why: It should be nice - if easy to do - to see this in game. I'm sure that most of people would love to see how hard they can hit with your own "combo" (moves).

Explain: I see most of people hitting without swing the character - when you don't know exactly how much damage you are doying, you will just repeat the same moves. Fact - there's not many options to train without be worried with your character health.

All this time all I hear is about people wanting a "zombie" dummy, that won't move or anything, so that people may create some sort of damage graph/chart.

I have a solution.

You.

You have the ability to track damage taken, and the ability to take hits willingly.

With the new Arena, alot more can be gathered and compiled all for the cost of 1 silver per test subject. Simply enter an arena, and wait until you can get a duel against an opponent with the weapon you want to test damage for.

All this time all I hear is about people wanting a "zombie" dummy, that won't move or anything, so that people may create some sort of damage graph/chart.

I have a solution.

You.

You have the ability to track damage taken, and the ability to take hits willingly.

With the new Arena, alot more can be gathered and compiled all for the cost of 1 silver per test subject. Simply enter an arena, and wait until you can get a duel against an opponent with the weapon you want to test damage for.
The question isn't exactly to test which weapon hits harder - is how your moves can have influence in your hit damage. Afterall, your aceleration should increase your weapon aceleration - increasing the force applied in your weapon strike.

The question isn't exactly to test which weapon hits harder - is how your moves can have influence in your hit damage. Afterall, your aceleration should increase your weapon aceleration - increasing the force applied in your weapon strike.
Same thing applies to the AI. Just watch to see if they step into their swings, or use any momentum. Or you could just move yourself into the attack.

Same thing applies to the AI. Just watch to see if they step into their swings, or use any momentum. Or you could just move yourself into the attack.
You are right. The only problem is that you aren't training your offensive movements exactly. So it would be just a matter of curiosity instead of practice. But - it's all we can do right now. I'll try to figure out a way to help with this question.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.