Is there any lvl 5 checkpoint?

Murf

The portal is the last checkpoint for the rest of the game ? That can`t be true, because that would be ridiculous o_O
Nope, that's the last one, at the portal. You are plenty geared by then and you know how to fight by then. So any loss of life after that will take you back to the portal. even if you are level 13

Murf

Yep, such is the way for a game in development. When thaumaturgy comes, everyone will have to start over from level 1 anyways. Old saves will not work.:)

Yep, such is the way for a game in development. When thaumaturgy comes, everyone will have to start over from level 1 anyways. Old saves will not work.:)
ok, that`s kinda annoying but understandable, but the devs should really overthink that checkpoint system, or make it at least alternative (early checkpoints), but maybe i`m wrong and the finished skill system prevents frustration.

Tyon

Doubt there will be any kind of "fail safe" but there is a new healing item in level 5 so even if you run out of salves you will be able to last a pretty long time with the new healing item if you play smart.

There will be more, I am sure of that, magick will flip things around for sure but problem remains, 10 levels of gameplay will be exposed to bugs that east your sawes.

It is not like I am agains that but It will be very frustrating and It will be pointed out as one of the bigest contrarguments agains that game.

Tyon

I'm not sure about this, but the game should save your progress if you exit to the main menu. It would be nice if someone could confirm.

Madoc

Project Lead
It's enough to pause the game (press esc) to save progress. It's supposed to also save periodically but that hasn't been implemented yet.

Losing progress to bugs and crashes is a legitimate concern, but a checkpoint system wouldn't really work past the portal. The game is no longer linear, and the paths and decisions you make will alter its course. The first 3 levels serve as a sort of introduction and character building phase to the main game. Any random elements are rerandomised each time you start at the portal, and you might want to approach it in different ways, which would become impossible if the starting conditions can't be reset.

Btw, if you do experience bugs and crashes, please report the conditions in detail so we can try to fix the issue!

speculum

Insider
And you can of course go directly to new level without doing level 4, they come back with nice gear and clear it ;d
Thank god. I thought I was some hot shit right up until I got past the portal, but that troll was a huge road block that basically made me stop playing. As long as there's some alternate route you can take to make a fight easier in the future like that, I'm happy.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Yeah after portal everything will be interconnected with every level having paths to other levels so its not from 4>5>6, its not linear. New level has 2 exits to different levels(3 if you count the way you come in from), level 4 has 3, i think. ;d Just the content isn't there yet, it will all come together. ;d

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.