Mordschlag

Mordschlag?

• Total voters

konggary

So I noticed that the character will half-sword while stabbing with the 2-hander swords, and this is great

This technique is used to make the stab more powerful, useful against armored opponents.

I was wondering if there would be some way to implement Mordschlag, or Murder Strike as an additional move for all the longswords (with appropriate guards) in the game

(This picture actually has both techniques used, since they're the primary techniques used for eliminating heavily armoured opponents while you have a sword equipped)
This technique allowed you to use your sword as a makeshift hammer against armored opponents, as obviously slashing at their armour would do nothing productive.

Last edited:

Hastur

I think this is a good idea even though I don't know how this mechanic would be implemented into the game (a key to change the way you use your sword and hold the blade?). I think the devs said they would implement special attacks anyway so why not.
This technique looks cool as fuck, all swords technique are cool. Exanima's two handed sword fighting feels so satisfying I actually want to start practicing german sword-fighting irl.

konggary

I think there should be a wealth of "alternate" attacks that the player can bind if they want to use them. Perhaps they unlock as you progress in the combat skills tree.
A tab-wheel for learned stances would be great, but I can't think of too many weapons with multiple movesets...

The Mordschlag stance wouldn't be too hard to put in, I think- just have to move the model and set it to a low-quality hammer moveset

Gsprfdude

A tab-wheel for learned stances would be great, but I can't think of too many weapons with multiple movesets...

The Mordschlag stance wouldn't be too hard to put in, I think- just have to move the model and set it to a low-quality hammer moveset
I'd like this as long as using this technique is much worse than using a standard hammer for balance purposes.

MindSliver

I would love to see an option to change fighting stance for armored and unarmored combat. that is... whether your opponent has armor on. With 2 hand swords especially. the swinging attacks may very well be the same but for the armored stance we could have the stab be half-sword and the overhead be mordschlag. Then the unarmored combat stance could have the normal over head and a stab that where the character releases the forward hand and performs a long powerful thrust from the end of the handle (and yes that's historically accurate XD)

Though I must admit that nailing a 1 shot kill with a half-sword stab to the face on an unarmored opponent is extremely satisfying. For some reason since the latest patch I've been nailing lots of them 5-6 now in a single play through of the campaign WOOT.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.