New Player! EXANIMA

Tony

Insider
Welcome to the forums! :) Glad to have you here and I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions feel free to ask (though quite a few things are already being discussed so the search function comes in handy ;)).

And yes, the devs were fans of Ultima.

voidMain

Really? The devs are developing the game in Italy. They are in Siena if I remember correctly. If it's close to where you live, maybe you could go there and stalk say hello to them?
i'm only 300km away!!

I've tried the game today,
is really difficult ,
in Arena i only arrived at 4th fighter
and into the Main story i don't reach no way to get out from the first room

Murf

i'm only 300km away!!

is really difficult ,

Game is tough for sure :) you won't beat the arena guys without some practice.

In game, the first room, use mouse to click on door and push/pull to open.
Quick guide located under Settings>Control Tab

Don Kanaille

Insider
i'm only 300km away!!

is really difficult ,

If you made it to the 4th fighter on your first day playing the game, then you are doing pretty well. The game needs some time adjusting to, looks like you are on a good way :)

Remember that everything that isnt too heavy can be interacted with by using the mouse (lifting or dragging) and doors are just one example of that. Almost everything in this game is just mouse dragging and/or dropping.

voidMain

If you made it to the 4th fighter on your first day playing the game, then you are doing pretty well. The game needs some time adjusting to, looks like you are on a good way :)

Remember that everything that isnt too heavy can be interacted with by using the mouse (lifting or dragging) and doors are just one example of that. Almost everything in this game is just mouse dragging and/or dropping.
Hi i'm passed through the rooms in Arcade mode , but i cannot reach a goal for save my avatar and save the game, there is a way to do that?
Into the arena i finally beat the big man with the hammer ! But unfortunately the barbarian kicked my ass =(

voidMain

I found a tool into this forum for make the auto save ,
is it useful, have you tried ? is there something else i can add to my game for a better experience?

Don Kanaille

Insider
Well, I recommend not using auto save for the intended experience - which can be somewhat frustrating in the short run, but infinitely more rewarding in the long run and much closer to what the main game, Sui Generis, is intended to be. The game is currently divided in three "levels" and there is a checkpoint after each (activate checkpoints in the options menu) which should help to keep you going.

The two main tips are:

- Keep playing the arena to get better at combat. The environment is safe, you can try weapons and styles and once you get used to human opponents the undead which hardly defend themself will seem much easier.

- Avoid fights as much as possible. The beginning of the game is mainly about scavanging enough equipment so you can eventually take on the undead, but any hit you take in your basic clothes can cause brutal wounds. So unless you found decent armor and your weapon of choice, stay out of the undeads way. Most of them are not overly hostile; if you apporach them slowly while not in combat mode and do not bump into them, they will usually let you pass. If you get into a fight regardless, running away is no shame, as is blocking your enemy with objects you find or slamming a door in their face to shut them out.

For more detailed information visit this community guide. (the guide disagrees with me in one point and tells you to kill every enemy you see... however you will probably make progress faster if you avoid killing things until your equipment is decent).

voidMain

In the Arena if i reach the level 5 and i get the maul and a armour if i die i can recover the previous robes with the weapon,
but if i close the game and open it again i haven't any items, is it normal?

and another thing for the Story mode...is there any way to get heal ?

Thanks a lot!

Murf

IN arena mode, the stuff you acquire resets when you close the game.

Story mode,. there is a healing salve in a static location on lvl 1 and a random location on lvl 3.

Array

SPOILER

I am unsure about the checkpoints - how do I know if I have activated one? - I have been through two silver doors which load another section

Tony

Insider
SPOILER

I am unsure about the checkpoints - how do I know if I have activated one? - I have been througharea two silver doors which load another section
Sounds like you've found the correct doors. The double doors that you must double click to load into the next area are the checkpoints.

Madoc

Project Lead
@Array: you need to enable checkpoints in settings. They are turned off by default. The big metal doors are indeed checkpoints.

Array

@Array: you need to enable checkpoints in settings. They are turned off by default. The big metal doors are indeed checkpoints.
Thanks I have got checkpoints enabled - as I havent died since I guess I haven't found out if / how they work.

Great work on the new patch by the way, the improved combat has enabled me to really get into the game having previously always stumbled early on. What seemed like initial dullness in the dungeon has given way to a slow burn of discovery - the range of assets and realistic layouts (even monsters need to eat) really adds to the atmosphere and tension- only thing I kind of feel is missing (beyond outdoors) is curving passages. I really like the scarceness and pacing of armour and weapon pickups that keeps you scouring the dungeon. The the little fixes to collisions and stuff like equipping torches / shields without it jumping to the wrong hand are also welcome. It feels like the old skool dungeon crawlers of my youth all the way back to attic attak. There was also some dungeon puzzle room game featuring a dwarf with levers and the like from the early 80's but I can't for the life of me remember the name. (A quick search has found it - Cadaver by the bitmap brothers)

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.