Possible Weapon Suggestion

Ketoh

As for myself personally, I am a big fan of pole arms and spears. Maybe there will be an addition to the game for more variants of spears other than from what we have currently. Examples for new additions could be some celtic spears, etc.

Wisphet

I would like to see flails getting in the game.
About daggers, I can't really see them working in this game. Maybe in the stealth part.

Last edited:

Ketoh

About daggers, I can't really see them working in this game. Maybe in the stealth part of the game.
If you've seen the Sui Generis Pre-Alpha gameplays, there are flails (Thank Lord). They seem to surprisingly had great physics even at that stage. We'll most likely see that in game soon

About daggers, I can't really see them working in this game. Maybe in the stealth part.
Weapons don't need to 'work' though. I see no reason not to have daggers when we have machetes, iron bars and other improvised weapons.

Tyon

There will surely be spears, but I'm not exactly sure about Celtic spears, since this game has a somewhat medieval setting. I think it would be feasible in Exanima since it takes place in an ancient dungeon.

In the alpha gameplay video, one of the guards who were killed was carrying a dagger, so they probably work.

konggary

Daggers would work great with stealth and thrusting, but then again almost any weapon will. Not every weapon has to be equally viable, though.

Wisphet

I know, it was just a thought. :)
Edit: It would be nice if they get some bonus though, to fill a role in the stealth gameplay.

Last edited:

Greenbrog

Insider
Don't think there will ever be any kind of artificial bonus on anything ever. The only thing I can think of is "draw cut" which we don't know how it will work mechanically. Anything that can be thrust though will have the potential to do massive damage by finding holes in armour and /or being very good at neck/face/head shots.

Thrusting with certain wraps may be very hard during combat and using them from "stealth" may be the only real viable way to thrust with them. Stealth won't be like other games either.

Wisphet

I wasn't thinking about a bonus like that, we are talking about SG ofc. Maybe something like aiming on the heads height (stabbing) or some critical point.

Last edited:

Ketoh

Don't think there will ever be any kind of artificial bonus on anything ever. The only thing I can think of is "draw cut" which we don't know how it will work mechanically. Anything that can be thrust though will have the potential to do massive damage by finding holes in armour and /or being very good at neck/face/head shots.

Thrusting with certain wraps may be very hard during combat and using them from "stealth" may be the only real viable way to thrust with them. Stealth won't be like other games either.
I'm not too sure about the game, but are there weak points in armor? I've had no experience on the subject, but from what I've done I had to bash people with a sword. No doubt overheads, obviously hit the head, with regular swings, even if they make contact with the head, damage is perceived as a body hit.

Greenbrog

Insider
Yes very much so weak points in armour. Every where it isn't. The neck on basically everything is completely open for example.

Murf

I'm not too sure about the game, but are there weak points in armor? I've had no experience on the subject, but from what I've done I had to bash people with a sword. No doubt overheads, obviously hit the head, with regular swings, even if they make contact with the head, damage is perceived as a body hit.
Yes certain armor is going to be weak in certain spots and then there are the places that are not cpvered at all as stated above. That is what the Deflection skill is for.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.