Ranged Weapons?

turtleman

so, ranged weapons i know a bow will be in the game i am assuming there will also be a crossbow
what other throwing weapons do you guys want in the game?
personally i want throwing knives and axes, javelins and it would be interesting to know if a sling would work with the physics i am guessing that it would be hard to implement though

don't be shy share your thoughts as we all wait for February

Parco

Rocks could be fun and useful to be able to pick up and throw. Can be used to distract, aggro/scare away or deal harmful damage. would also be nice if the tossable stones could be found in different sizes, to vary the usefulness of each individual stone. if stones will be added then slingshots and slings (as you already mentioned) would also be a nice as the smaller stones can be launched with greater force.

Parco

One way might be that your character tries to hit where your cursor is and when you press left mouse button the character slings the rock towards the targeted area. Slings are powerful weapons with almost unlimited ammo, but its quite hard to hit a target with a sling so its balancing itself out, so the character wont be instantly overpowered once he starts using it.

turtleman

Ooh i have an idea of using body thaumaturgy to make your slings wind up more powerful so when it hits someone it punctures through and out the other side now that i think about it i would really like to see thaumaturgically charged munitions such as a sling stone that explodes on impact the potential for fun stuff to add to this game is unprecedented

Komuflage

Insider
Worth the extra cost? Well depends, there is a great amount of more in depth discussions, there than here in the public forum, however the activity is pretty much the same as here, so as of right now, not so much, but every once in a while something emerges from the pits of he.. the insider forum, Faws also created a recap for all the Dev videos. So if you want to know more about them then you can read about them in the insider forum. (Link in sign)

So the conclusion is: it depends on what you want. Nonetheless, insider forum or not, more money to BM will ensure we'll get a better product in the end.

Edit: oh also, if you're thinking about moving from £10 to £20, then remember u also get beta access to the prelude As well as the final game, And you get the soundtrack, so that alone is at least Imo worth it.

turtleman

this has inspired me to make a sling wish me luck:)

edit: and thanks for the reply astrodinosaur man

Last edited:

Lathspell

I would love some kind stealth gameplay girl killing from afar with poisoned trowing knives and a viking-ish dude killing with throwing axes, but maybe throwing weapons would be unbalanced?
anyway, bows, crossbows, trowing knives, throwing axes, granades and potions, stones and coins in SG? count me in

Lathspell

actually I wish there were more rpg games with throwing weapons around, I love bows, but it's kinda the same and only option in every rpg game, you have a lot of options for melee, like sword, dagger, axes, hammers, dual wielding and the list goes on and on, but for ranged, mostly bow, throwing weapons really add a great variation for ranged gameplay , my most sucessful char in d2 was a throwing barb, I wish I could just re-install skyrim and add the throwing weapons mod, but since I didn't like the storyline I think I'll try with morrowind

666jet

Insider
I definitely want to see at least some ranged combat. And good luck for your sling also I can't wait till February for my alpha access can't wait to play with these physics!

turtleman155

Insider
made an epic sling though i am unable to hit anything with it at least it works though :)

Edit: its just an old bowstring and a pouch made of leather, piece of cake (better?:))

Last edited:

Empire²

Insider
Personally, I am a big fan of throwing weapons. Unfortunately, throwing knives are not nearly as effective as the Elder Scrolls Online trailer leads us to believe.

Throwing weapons can add a lot of gameplay possibilities. I, among many others I assume, am planning to do a bunch of different character builds. Some of those heavily rely on light armour and weaponry as well as the use of throwing weapons (Should they be implemented). I wouldn't mind being able to throw knives accurately and effectively though, as unrealistic as it may be. The throwing knives in Mount & Blade were effectively useless, seeing how they were incredibly inaccurate, didn't have a lot of range as well as the fact that they didn't deal a lot of damage against any decently armoured opponent. I'm not asking for Assassin's Creed level of throwing, but some throwing power and accuracy, combined with decent damage or very quick use would be very much appreciated by me.

Crossbows would be nice as well, along with throwing axes, rocks and slingshots. What I would really like to see, however, are spears or javelins. I can just imagine the satisfaction of readying a javelin, releasing and watching it just completely pierce a charging opponent, causing them to just get absolutely clotheslined by the impact of the spear. They could come in different sizes, too. Smaller javelins or war darts may not be as lethal as normal ones, but they can cripple an opponent very well. I imagine getting a 4 foot javelin to the thigh wouldn't be something you shrug off very easily.

Truthfully though, most throwing weapons weren't incredibly effective. That leaves the possible implementation as well as the functionality of the weapons up to the developers. Whether they, should they implement such weaponry, stick to the realistic use of them, or as I said, give them a bit of a buff, we'd have to see. It's definitely something that could add a new sense of risk to combat.

666jet

Insider
I've got some throwing knifes heavy ones are easier to use I have some nice 14 inch ones that must weigh about 1kg and they are pretty easy to hit a target up to about 10 -15m

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.