Spears

Well they put a few in (I've seen 2) and to be honest they seem a little too weak , like swords haveing a higher thrust than the spears. As a spear fan, this makes me sad

zhuliks

Insider
Well they put a few in (I've seen 2) and to be honest they seem a little too weak , like swords haveing a higher thrust than the spears. As a spear fan, this makes me sad
Spears are great, basically daggers on long sticks, pick normal one over short, hirelings do great on novice withst with it too.

I have been trying to see if I can get better at the spear since I got home. It sucks, the swing is good but dang, stabbing with is just (ironically) pointless. It is just to weak

And it would be cool to be able to at least use the short spear with a shield

Thrusting in general seems a bit weak in terms of damage. When I fight greatsword opponents I have a much easier time against them nowadays because they tend to thrust a lot, and it doesn't seem to do much damage to me. Before thrusting they used to be among the toughest enemies for me. I think there could be a big boost to thrusting damage to make it more dangerous, both for us and for opponents.

My current main weapon is the falchion, which has 2 points on thrust. Its stab is weak but I can still do great damage with it and I have gotten good at hitting spots without armor, that said I can do enough damage consistently to kill a plait wearer. It might be the impact and weight added. the spear, which is all trust and impact, it should preform better considering it's constant appearance throughout history

Zoltan

Supporter
I have some success when thrusting, I increase the momentum by directly after dashing toward the opponent, especially with the spear.

The spear also help me assist my hirelings in skirmishes with less risks for them.

Don Kanaille

Insider
I have to admit, I have much more success thrusting with the Vougle, the Halberd or the Pollax, simply because they have really big heads which don´t glance off so easily and thus usually transfer more force into my opponent. I can literally push people over with those thrusts, while my spear thrusts tend to be more like quick pokes.

Granted, I have much less practice with the spear than with the pollax, so that´s probably part of the problem, but still.

ZaratanCho

Insider
Spears are pretty good. Could use slightly more thrust damage or rather just a higher quality spear with better stats. ;d

Tyon

The poleaxe and halberd are so damn good at thrusting compared to spears, I agree. However we should not be comparing novice tier weapons to expert tier weapons.

Don Kanaille

Insider
The poleaxe and halberd are so damn good at thrusting compared to spears, I agree. However we should not be comparing novice tier weapons to expert tier weapons.
While I get where you´re coming from, it has less to do with the "stats" of these items, but rather with their physical shape which causes them to handle differently while thrusting. The current way thrusting is animated seems to handle itself better to weapons with a larger head which "bite" more into the enemy, and not equally well to small pointy weapons as they are much more prone to glance off and lose most of their power.
Also, don´t forget that Exanima is not a game about stats where an item is simply better because it has a higher level. A spear is a spear no matter what and should excel at thrusting, if nothing else.

MrApophos

I agree that the spear currently doesn't deal enough damage thrusting. I was anticipating spears anxiously, as I love using spears in games, it just works for me, however right now, it seems more effective to slash and bash with the spear over thrusting!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.