Telekinesis on people

Joe Moore

Insider

Tony

Insider
In this case, it seems like mind control would be the better option.
This might be true or it might not. Hard to tell until we know more details on the actual mechanics. If mind control takes more/less focus than telekinesis then it might be a more/less viable option. Also, not all characters will be proficient in all types of thaumaturgy. If you were to focus on either "school" of thaumaturgy then I'm assuming that would be the one you'd use (since you'd be proficient in its use).

I'll refer you back to the list Madoc had done, http://www.baremettle.com/sg/forums/index.php?threads/thaumaturgy.186/page-2#post-3101.

Also, my feeling is that the thaumaturgic powers we do get will be fairly limited because it is a low fantasy setting. So, IMHO, no fine tuned telekinetic abilities, more like push/pull/lift type of things.
Yeah, I had a bad feeling about that one. In this case, your previous suggestion is the best option. I thought mind control was out of the question so I was trying to figure out a workaround. Thanks! :)

Tony

Insider
Also, my feeling is that the thaumaturgic powers we do get will be fairly limited because it is a low fantasy setting. So, IMHO, no fine tuned telekinetic abilities, more like push/pull/lift type of things.
This post from Madoc leads me to believe that such fine-tuned abilities will be possible:

We definitely want to introduce a skill element to using powers whenever possible. For example a power to stop someone's heart would require you to target a point near the heart while sustaining the power for a period of time.

This post from Madoc leads me to believe that such fine-tuned abilities will be possible:
If it were possible (either through mind control or fine telekinesis) I'd be happy. I just foresee some problems. At the end of the day, if BME say they can do it, they probably can.

Tony

Insider
Cause people will make their enemies do strange things...
I believe having the option to make your enemies (or just any NPC in general) do strange things is a bonus, not a negative. This way your imagination is the limit of what you can do instead of a hard-coded game rule.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.