translation in other language than english?

garrick

I am french and I am very interesting in your projetc.

I would like to know if you will translate sui generis in other language like french, german and spanish.

Thank you very much

Octo

Insider
Seems like a waste of resources to me.
It's gonna be released in 2014...plenty of time to work on your English, although it seems perfectly fine even now.

Pantheon

Insider
I'm German and I agree with Octo.
I've stopped playing games (and watching movies and tv shows) in German a long time ago, mostly because of the really crappy voice overs, but also translations are often subpar. And I don't even want to start about censored German versions...
Translations are a complete waste of resources, especially for a small company like Bare Mettle.
They could let fans handle the translations, but that means that those fans not only need to speak their own language really well, but English, too.

I realize of course that there are plenty of people who don't speak English too well and that translations make sense, if you want to reach as many people as possible, but I don't see translations as a viable option for Bare Mettle.
BME might think otherwise, of course and I'm sure they will let us know their thoughts about it ;)

garrick

Maybe for you both, translation is useless but for myself, it's not useless and even a important factor to buy a rpg game.

I don't ask your opinion but the choice of developpers.

Madoc

Project Lead
Well, we hope to translate the game into some other languages and we're predisposing it for this. Whether we will actually be able to hire translators (especially before release) is another matter and voice acting would be a concern too. For the time being we would invest our resources into more and better content for the game.

Pantheon

Insider
I don't ask your opinion but the choice of developpers.
That's the beauty of a forum, you don't need to ask for anyone's opinion, whoever wants to express an opinion can do so, because that's partially what forums are about, you know.

Algea

Insider
That's the beauty of a forum, you don't need to ask for anyone's opinion, whoever wants to express an opinion can do so, because that's partially what forums are about, you know.
That. Also - if one wanted only the devs' opinion they should probably drop them a PM or something. It's a little bit rude to tell people that you don't need their opinions after creating a thread if you didn't mention it in your opening post.

garrick

That. Also - if one wanted only the devs' opinion they should probably drop them a PM or something. It's a little bit rude to tell people that you don't need their opinions after creating a thread if you didn't mention it in your opening post.
I said
I would like to know if you will translate sui generis in other language like french, german and spanish.
If I ask that, it's for developpers because they are the only to know the answer.

garrick

Well, we hope to translate the game into some other languages and we're predisposing it for this. Whether we will actually be able to hire translators (especially before release) is another matter and voice acting would be a concern too. For the time being we would invest our resources into more and better content for the game.
Thanks.

I know but if it's just to say that translation is useless, I don't understand the interest to say that.

If it was to say that I want a translation i ngerman, spanish or other language, I don't mind and it's normal.

The aim of this topic is not to know if translation is usefull or not but to know if it will be a translation or not.

Pantheon

Insider
I shared my opinion on that matter, which I'm allowed to do, as far as I know.
And in the last paragraph on my first post in this thread I stated that it's not useless, but that I don't think it's really an option for BME at this point.

BrecMadak

Insider
I would want you not to spend your time and resources for this, instead there are already much higher prior things to be spent, like voice acting as you mentioned. I prefer a voice-acted game (as much as possible if not fully) over a translated game with little voice-acted one anyday. Besides, i'm sure many will agree with me on this.

I would want you not to spend your time and resources for this, instead there are already much higher prior things to be spent, like voice acting as you mentioned. I prefer a voice-acted game (as much as possible if not fully) over a translated game with little voice-acted one anyday. Besides, i'm sure many will agree with me on this.
Let me be the one to disagree :p

A largely text based RPG with some VA to set the mood is perfectly fine for me. Use VA fully for key moments and/or important characters. Then again, this is a sandbox type of game so ehh. I think Madoc already said (confirmed?) that the game is going to have a mixture of VA and text.

BrecMadak

Insider
Let me be the one to disagree :p

A largely text based RPG with some VA to set the mood is perfectly fine for me. Use VA fully for key moments and/or important characters. Then again, this is a sandbox type of game so ehh. I think Madoc already said (confirmed?) that the game is going to have a mixture of VA and text.
Still this doesn't prove that there are lesser grounds exist for to be implemented; VA is only one of hundreds on the list.

garrick

I would want you not to spend your time and resources for this, instead there are already much higher prior things to be spent, like voice acting as you mentioned. I prefer a voice-acted game (as much as possible if not fully) over a translated game with little voice-acted one anyday. .
If you think that your mother language is the only necessary, you have wrong.

Lot's of people don't know english an want to play at sui generis.

Why forbid? Maybe you think that english pepole are superior than other people. It's just stupid.

I hate people that thinks that the world is themself. These people are egocentric.

English people are not the center of the world.

If developpers can make translation, it would be stupid to want that developers don't make translation.

Between voice acting and translation, the most important is translation because it allow everybody to can play at this game.

Besides, i'm sure many will agree with me on this
Only egocentric men. I think and I hope it's only few people.

Tony

Insider
Not to pick sides or anything, but English is not BrecMadak's native language either ;) He simply would rather have the devs spend time on more important aspects first. Which I agree with. Translations can be added after the core functionality and mechanics are finished (if time/money permits). In other words: I'd rather have a working game in one language than a broken game that is translated to many.

Brendan

Developer
As we've said, we do want to translate the game into other languages, so we will. It's just highly likely that our initial release will be in English only due to our limited resources and focus elsewhere.

The game will be text heavy and voice light, which lends itself well to translation anyway so it hopefully shouldn't take us very long!

walltar

Insider
Well you can allways just release text files to comunity before game release and they will make you translations to many languages. When i was young no game had official czech translationn yet you can find fan translations for almost all games. Even if you release game in more than one language if possible it is translation friendly because there are many people in my country who can't use any language well enough to play game. And older people can generaly speak only czech and russian.

Ali

Hello, I'm willing to volunteer translating the game to Turkish. I beleive what you guys achieved here is amazing, and I would love to help. Please contact me through the forum or through e-mail.

Ali

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.