Whats next?

Faelivrin

Insider
I will not try to justify the team policy regarding communication as i would also love hearing more about the game, however being fair i think they have worked like this since the kickstarter. While some of them dropped over here every now and then and answered stuff, big information updates where mostly sparse. Insider's sunday updates (supdates) also stopped taking place in a weekly basis. Same with the alpha and beta releases of the games, sometimes you would get a quick patch with bugfixes after a big release, but that's it. You had to wait long for the next one.

From Madoc post i gather they have been considering doing more frequent updates since the steam thing, but they found the other way around better. I guess that will become like it used to be. Well, life is rough and then you die :)

NachoDawg

they have worked like this since the kickstarter.
They might want to considering either informing the users about their Pr model or change their model, as I'm pretty sure their userbase has expanded a whole lot since the steam release. The long silences feel unnatural and scary

..Or maybe people like me are just a litle bit spoiled :p

Vold

Insider
I think that a meaningful update every 2 months, is good enough. If it takes a lil more or less that's fine. What's more important is that they optimize the working time to archive their goals in the long run 6 to 9 months (or so) according to steam website.

-Tim-

Insider
I think that a meaningful update every 2 months, is good enough. If it takes a lil more or less that's fine. What's more important is that they optimize the working time to archive their goals in the long run 6 to 9 months (or so) according to steam website.
Hmm, 2 months sounds a bit long to me. I personally don't mind at all, but in order to keep the hype train going for the recently expanded userbase, we will need more PR.

Pilluminati

Insider
Hmm, 2 months sounds a bit long to me. I personally don't mind at all, but in order to keep the hype train going for the recently expanded userbase, we will need more PR.
Having a short update video showcasing all the new features could be nice to generate more PR and get more people back to the game instead of just silently releasing it on steam.

Sir NotABot

It doesn't bother me how long they take for each release. The problem is they aren't doing a good job of managing expectations. I've kind of been hanging on the edge of my chair for weeks expecting the skills to come out... any day now. Since they did a switcharoo with the engine improvements instead, I got the idea in my head that it just meant the skill points would just be delayed a week or two. If they would give us a rough estimate for the next release, and just a quickie weekly statement of how it's coming along, I think the player base would be content. I'm also very surprised that they don't have a real plan for the next release. Sounds like they need a PM.

Guy

You maybe over worrying this thing. Compared to most other games that are Beta that I have experience with, this place is damn near an open book. A weekly update would be nice, BUT information is a two edged sword. If you know, you don't worry as much, but if it looks like what you (generalized you, btw, not you as in SNAB) want to have them work on next gets back burnered, then a person gets all worked up and worried.

So.....

Assume that this indie game is going to advance in the proper directions to give us a finished (or mostly finished) game the fastest. Some things must be accomplished before others in a logical progression, and you may not always know that it must be done a certain way until you get there.

It does suck though, not knowing. I would rather know myself too....;)

Murf

I would rather they devote their (extremely taxed) time and resources to game development. They aren't going anywhere, they are committed to fishing this and SG no matter what. When the next update comes out, I am sure ppl will bitch and moan and about how long it took to come out and why couldn't you keep us updated, but will those people look at the update, the new content, and say 'well you didn't let us know so I am not going to play your game anymore' doubtful. Sure there might be a a couple, but over all people will play and enjoy and love the content in each upcoming update.

NachoDawg

Actually, @Guy has a good point. If you look at DayZ: Their development is like how you would expect a closed development to go, but because of the transparancy and early access, it gets tonnes of flack for being developed so slow

Maybe ignorance is indeed bliss x)

Sir NotABot

Actually, @Guy has a good point. If you look at DayZ: Their development is like how you would expect a closed development to go, but because of the transparancy and early access, it gets tonnes of flack for being developed so slow

Maybe ignorance is indeed bliss x)
Yeah, I guess I just need to put the crack pipe down until the next update.

acrimoneyius

Insider
Future of this game is very exciting, cant wait to see how it evolves from now on, no matter how long it takes. Exanima and SG have the potential to be the best RPG's of modern times, and maybe of all time IMO.
That's impossible to say right now. What they're doing primarily is making a new engine with innovative physical systems. I don't think you can even classify their game as an RPG in the traditional sense. The best RPG's ever made have overly simplistic combat systems with the right combination of music, sounds, graphical art, and story-telling elements to make you feel like you're an important part of this compelling and unexplored new world or land.

What they are doing is way different, which is why I supported them in the first place. To me, what they're doing is SO different that you almost have to call it a new genre (PSRPG - Physics Simulator w/ Role Playing Elements). It is way too early to even say if the RPG elements will be as outstanding as their engine (With the EXCEPTION of the music, which is fantastic so far) because we have very little information to work with.

Bare Mettle as a studio is young, and this will hopefully not be their last game. Having said that, don't be surprised if it takes them a while to make a title worthy of 'best game ever'. As a young studio, they need trial and error. I have faith in the developers, just not blind fanaticism.

When I initially funded this game, I hoped this would be the next game that would continue on the style of game like NOX or JEDI OUTCAST with engaging combat wrapped up in a story with loose RPG elements. There are very, very few studios who even attempt or succeed at making great games in this style. These types of single player games are unparalleled in fun factor.

RobG

Insider
Well, I did say "potentially" for a reason, I also said in my opinion for a reason. Exanima captures my imagination like no game has done for a long time, the combat, lore, mechanics, everything about it so far screams this is how isometric games should be, and should have been. I see it as an RPG for this reason, when I play and fight and whatever, its so easy to get immersed and see the dungeon and world through the eyes of the character for me that is the essence of role play. Obviously this is all my own personal opinion though, I hoped that was clear in my first post.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.