Whats next?

Elaxter

Insider
Maybe after 2 years someone could expect a screenshot or two...
They already kinda released a beta onto Steam not too long ago
And the Exanima beta before that.
And the Exanima alpha.
And the combat alpha.

I mean did you even-

Nevermind. lol

Exanima might qualify for best RPVG of all time. Best roleplaying video game. But there are far better pen and paper rpgs out there. Better than the best rpvg.

Last edited:

Mertek98

Insider
They already kinda released a beta onto Steam not too long ago
And the Exanima beta before that.
And the Exanima alpha.
And the combat alpha.

I mean did you even-

Nevermind. lol

Exanima might qualify for best RPVG of all time. Best roleplaying video game. But there are far better pen and paper rpgs out there. Better than the best rpvg.
so if madoc tomorow released a screenshot of say... something cool in sui generis you wouldnt like it?

so if madoc tomorow released a screenshot of say... something cool in sui generis you wouldnt like it?
Ofcourse we would like it, but I'd rather have an update I can spend hours more in than just skills and the same dungeon. I can run through the dungeon with skill, I simply like the game staying fresh with me. Trust me I am very eager for the update, but truth is the bigger the better no matter how much I crave.

Nynuc

Insider
It's hard to reply without it getting complicated and lengthy but I did want to let you know that we are indeed hard at work!

Steam recommends doing larger updates rather than frequent small ones and we're seeing the wisdom of this, it gives you more significant and enticing updates and allows us to better manage our resources. Particulaly as a small team where many of us have to multitask (especially me) it's a lot easier to work on multiple fronts than serialise and compartmentalise everything. This will benefit longer term productivity and especially quality.

Fairly recently we've decided to put more effort into some of the upcoming content. The underworld is central to the lore and the deeper you go the more it diverges from the overworld. We felt this wasn't receiving the attention it derserved and decided to put more effort into it. My role is also that of lead designer and I'm the closest thing we have to an art director so recently I've been putting a lot of time into working with the rest of the team to define and flesh out some of the new content.

We've also been taking on a lot of feedback about the combat and other things, working to correct and notably improve various aspects of them. We've got a lot of the more basic skill techniques working well but we're also experimenting with and prototyping some of the more advanced ones. The combat has evolved a lot since our initial design of the skill system, it has developed strong identity and we've had a lot of input from people who know much more about historical martial arts than we do. A skill system that respects everything the combat has become and works with its unique combination of skill and physics is something very tricky that deserves proper attention.

So, as of now we're working on multiple fronts and towards not just the next but also future updates. We honestly don't have a specific plan for the very next update but there are various things coming together nicely and when we feel they've reached an update worthy state we'll do one.
Madoc, Is it possible we could see thrusting in the next few updates?

Baka-sama

I think everyone needs to be patient and let the developers go at their own pace. That said, a possible solution is to release an experimental version on steam, where the beta options are you could set an experimental option that would give the players the latest updates, keeping them busy, and set an army of players running around finding all the little bugs, and giving helpful suggestions.
That could be risky of course, as there might be some players who select that not clueing in that it would probably not be as stable as the regular version. This would only be for players who actively want to help the game's development (or are really impatient and want new content :) ) and are ready to experience some bugs, if there are any, anyway. Doing something like that might relieve some of the tension from no big updates, while still keeping a base version of the game for the general players.

Vold

Insider
@Baka-sama This is how it works with insiders. Insiders get a beta version of patches before they are released on steam. It has worked that way since the first patch. Non-insiders can become insiders if the developers invite them due to them being helpful with the development of the game (reporting bugs, giving constructive feedback, etc...).

NachoDawg

@Baka-sama This is how it works with insiders. Insiders get a beta version of patches before they are released on steam. It has worked that way since the first patch. Non-insiders can become insiders if the developers invite them due to them being helpful with the development of the game (reporting bugs, giving constructive feedback, etc...).
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ H...how's the inside looking, vold. I need to know

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Our Insider contracts terminate should anything ever happen to the game, along with our lives. It was a very long day sorting out the legal ramifications and would you believe how hot the Bare Mettle offices are? It's like visiting Hell in there..

Pilluminati

Insider
What I wouldn't do to become an insider...
Better start contributing then :D. Become a historian and participate in medieval reenactment then come up with ideas on how to incorporate real fighting techniques into the game with the limitations of the game & engine in mind. Tried and true method of getting access.

Baka-sama

Better start contributing then :D. Become a historian and participate in medieval reenactment then come up with ideas on how to incorporate real fighting techniques into the game with the limitations of the game & engine in mind. Tried and true method of getting access.
I don't really have any knowledge of the engine, or programming in general for that matter, but I've been posting a few little ideas here and there, trying to keep with the flow of what I think the developers are trying to make the game like. Other than that I don't know how to contribute.

OddSpierce

I am in conversations with Madoc so members can level up by contributing lolcats.
I will contribute ALL the lolcatz if it means insider status!!!

In all seriousness though, my historical knowledge is more centered around events and why they happened more than when, as in I don't know when the Machete was first crafted, but I know they were dreamed up as a necessary cross between a harvesting tool and a deadly weapon. Not exactly helpful, see? So, lolcatz it is

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.