Search results

1. Mimel

A Quick Update

Torches! Awesome! Thanks for lighting the way to a game that so many of us have longed for since the first text-based games.
  2. Mimel

Underworld visuals

Agreed. From the messages of the BM team, it is clear they want the world to not only be persistent, reactionary and have dynamic physics, but that it gives an immersion quality that smacks of reality. That is, low-fantasy with very few D&D-isque creatures lends itself to this. All of this leads...
  3. Mimel

Underworld visuals

All of your photos are nice. I am of the opinion that it should be a mixture of everything. I love passageways, cramped tunnels, stairways, dungeon-types, open caverns, cities within a vast cave, underground rivers and seas, volcanic areas, frozen areas.... I think the point is not to have the...
  4. Mimel

Random Events

The idea of "respawns" to me is not random. I believe the SG-BM philosophy, as shown in Tony post earlier here, is to create an open-world where death is permanent for NPCs and creatures. I would love to see an environment that is affected by the over-killing of wolves or deer etc. This would...
  5. Mimel

Necromancy

First, the way you have described the use of necromancy is doable. I would include that the act of necromancy might have negative reactions from passersby or people in the area. I mean, if I were to raise a body and did not want immediate negative reactions, I would most likely do the "ritual"...
  6. Mimel

I would like to talk about weapon clashing for a moment.

In my opinion, the BM videos of combat do show the impact of weapons well. Many people in the forums have mentioned the characters look drunk and wobbling a lot. I think it shows that the characters are dealing with the physics of the impacts of hits. They seem to be counter-balancing the "push...
  7. Mimel

Traps

Yes, yes, I agree. I don't take the time to setup traps in a game unless it had a purpose to protect a room in my house/inn room/barn where I'm sleeping. Otherwise, I'm all for traps that I must avoid or that give suspense to the game such as you mentioned.
  8. Mimel

Buildings and destruction

I agree. Let's not make it too complicated. Someone has to see you do something, then alert the guard or not, depending on their reaction to you or your actions. I also agree, that I don't want everyone to automatically know what I have done. So, stealth, waiting for the right moment when no...
  9. Mimel

Piercing vs Skeleton and Skeleton in general

If you compare the ability to hit a live body which is solid to that of a skeleton, the odds of hitting the skeleton is dramatically lower. If we don't think about the space between the bones, but just the diameter of the femur compared to the flesh surrounding it, you can see my point. In...
  10. Mimel

Traps

Traps could bring another level to our exploration in the dungeons as well. I think if the realism extends to the floors and walls never looking the same, but rather having a randomness to them, then we could try our hand at locating traps just by testing the surfaces, spotting tripwires, and...
  11. Mimel

Population

I completely agree. I believe this was discussed in the open forums already. Look at those threads and see if your questions are answered.
  12. Mimel

Piercing vs Skeleton and Skeleton in general

First, the DEVs have not set this in any particular era or area of the world exactly. However, as BigT2themax said, it has a recognizable medieval flare to it, based in realism and low-fantasy. Second, and more to the title's topic, I agree that skeletons would be harder to hit when trying to...
  13. Mimel

Map Editor & Worlds

After we see the game release, play it, know it, evaluate it all, then the mods would be great. If I look at NWN, I was thoroughly happy with the concept of any DM creating their own world/campaign for online users to play, private or public. I would be happy with that type of setup as well...
  14. Mimel

How do you prove you pledged and gain access to the Insider forums?

So, is the forum open or not? It still says it is "coming soon". If it is open, then it means there's a glitch with my email or membership. I should qualify and I'm using the same email address. I can't wait. :)
  15. Mimel

Insider Forum! where is it!?

Yes, I'm getting the same message. However, maybe they didn't anticipate all of use charging at the forum so fast. :) We're all held in suspense. We are definitely eager to see anything they come up with as soon as we can. ;) I'm sure there's an easy explanation for why we're having troubles...
  16. Mimel

Character Customization

I believe we have talked about this in other threads, but this is definitely a subject to discuss. If we have rogues of a style like in Thief, and we have NPCs reacting to our appearance and actions, then we should be able to change our clothes, hair, makeup....etc., to disguise ourselves. I...
  17. Mimel

NPC regular behavior

Yes, what Serge describes is what we've been talking about in this thread. I completely agree. As others have pointed out such details may be hard to implement from a DEV point of view. However, I'm all in favor of it. I'm not happy with NPCs that just do the same boring, standing around...
  18. Mimel

Power suggestions!

This is what I was imagining too. I thought we could project our essence to places that we wanted to explore to gain information before we leave. We could also do this to listen to private conversations of others, to find how a door is locked or trapped, to see if the guards are awake or to...
  19. Mimel

NPC regular behavior

Bryn, I understand your point. I know it would be hard to make such routine, mundane actions look more varied. I'm just thinking if there are so many people, then each person would have a different routine and perhaps once or week it changes, or for the market days or festivals we see a...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.