Thoughts and Ideas General

nox

Insider
- long weapons such as claymores, war-hammers and spears
just for weapon variety
I think spears would be cool in this engine, trying to fight your way in to reach with your longsword or axe and having to doge stabs.

Claymores and warhammers will also be great with the physics if you strike a blow that throws your foe to the ground. :)

Have they said anything about bows or crossbows? I wanna see those in the game too.

Humblerbee

Insider
I think spears would be cool in this engine, trying to fight your way in to reach with your longsword or axe and having to doge stabs.

Claymores and warhammers will also be great with the physics if you strike a blow that throws your foe to the ground. :)

Have they said anything about bows or crossbows? I wanna see those in the game too.
Spears, claymores, and warhammers are very possible weaponry, they'd fall further towards the heavy weaponry end of the spectrum, but I expect that they are options.

They have specified that there will be a skill tree for ranged weapons, yes, so you can assume bows and crossbows will make an appearance.

hredthel

Insider
Things I want included:

- Gore / broken limbs
and
Things I want to see:

- Gore / severed limbs
- Gore / severed bodies
- Gore / exploding bodies
- Gore / immolating bodies
- Gore / particle systems for blood
- Gore / broken, severed body-parts stacked atop burnt corpses with clouds of flies, assisted by epic blood-splatter and blood dripping particle systems.

- Also the ability to light statics on fire, whether or not it will change that static: the dynamic lighting in your KS video is AWESOME! If only a dungeon could be solely lit with burning zombies.

My tip: don't release it as "MODDING TOOLS, EVERYONE COME GRAB". If you do that, then as you say, it'd have to be user friendly or else people would grumble.
I agree, and I think if Bare Mettle took the Bethesda approach and bundled in the mod kits with the title: It might put out a big sign saying "We expect our game to suck a bit, maybe"

Man, I really want to play around in that software though!

EDIT: (don't like double posting)
I don't get the big hubbub about first person... Okay, yes, I like it for some games because it can be immersive. But doesn't anyone remember Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment? Fallout 1 and 2? Nox?
I couldn't have said it better!

Things I want to see:

- Gore / severed limbs
- Gore / severed bodies
- Gore / exploding bodies
- Gore / immolating bodies
- Gore / particle systems for blood
- Gore / broken, severed body-parts stacked atop burnt corpses with clouds of flies, assisted by epic blood-splatter and blood dripping particle systems.

- Also the ability to light statics on fire
Hredthel confirmed for sadistic pyromaniac-psychopath-killer. :eek:

Give him what he wants before he starts chopping us up and setting our belongings aflame! :p

hredthel

Insider

Humblerbee

Insider
I would honestly rather have more extensive character customization over more races.
That's a weird statement. That's like saying I'd rather have more weapons over more swords. Selecting your race is an aspect of character customization, much like how choosing a hairstyle differentiates you from others, choosing a race differentiates you as well. I get the sentiment, that you'd take more detailed human customization over a broader range of races to play, but I also think it's worth pointing out that race is a part of customization, and not only that, it often has gameplay implications, story and character interaction implications, and a entirely new dynamic to the world as alien races interact. Just my 2¢ though.

dktne

That's a weird statement. That's like saying I'd rather have more weapons over more swords. Selecting your race is an aspect of character customization, much like how choosing a hairstyle differentiates you from others, choosing a race differentiates you as well. I get the sentiment, that you'd take more detailed human customization over a broader range of races to play, but I also think it's worth pointing out that race is a part of customization, and not only that, it often has gameplay implications, story and character interaction implications, and a entirely new dynamic to the world as alien races interact. Just my 2¢ though.
To be more specific, I would rather there only be humans and more skill-related and setting-related content than more races.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I'd love to see modding tools to create missions, worlds and custom characters. What is also love to see is a weekly features location, where there's a specific cave/boat in the world which leads to a custom created dungeon/islands created by US the users, almost like a staff pick of the week. This could add onto replay ability because every week or 2 weeks there's something new created by us that's got to be good enough but adds a little extra to the game.

If something this would be implemented, it should be added way after any sort of modding tools were released, and I wouldn't like them out straight away, it's like a "we have no confidence in our story, so you make one"

Here is a small quest chain with numerous ending and choices that i though of, lets imagine there will be castle and siege ware fare in the game, now as your traveling along the country side killing one or two bandits and such you see near the town you where traveling to a large army!
When you get up to them the soldiers wont recognize you, but they will be suspicious, you will see the captain of the army who will give you a choice between siding with him or the town people, at this point it might be stupid to say hey IM going to fight you captain evil knievel IM going to take on your whole army, well no, because there is also a mage there who is mayor of the town lets say. And he will take you to the town if you chose to fight with them.
This is your first choice, here where the interesting bit does come in what ever you chose there will be a small fight where you will fight a few lackeys of the ruler you denied, but you will not fail the quest by declining the other or be able to kill him.
After you have chosen your side in the battle, you will be put in a position of defense or attack,
the mage will have you ward gates to alert for spies, secure recourses so they aren't stolen by saboteurs, motivate and train fighters and so on.
The captain will have you do some different things like construction siege engines, poison the towns water supply and brake the moral of the defenders.
Now you can take each of the tasks in a order so as do it efficiently because in a set amount of time the siege will begin.
Then there will be more choices at any point you can go rogue do something that will prove to the other leader that you have betrayed your side and want to turn to theres. For example if your fighting for the mage you can destroy a side gait, go to the captain tell him of your deed and ask to join him saying it was a calculated plot, and he may accept.
Towards the end either side can only win with your support and how you win is up to you.

This is my idea of a epic quest attention to detail is key i feel :)

My friend i have the best melle weapon of all! The mighty...The glorious! HALBERD!
Yes this is the most versatile hand held medieval weapon why? It had 4 points that can be used as weapons, the main one is the axe, the hammer at the back, the spear on the top and also the spear on the bottom :).

Knights of the age would dread any oponenent with a halberd or pole axe as it is also called because they could open them up like a tin can and poor out the contents scary stuff.

Chech this one out im having one made exactly like this one http://cultofathena.com/images/AA010_2_l.jpg

Rob

I think it's great that the game will have multi-player. However, I really hope that single-player will be the main focus of the game. Multi-player should fit into the framework of the single-player game, not vice versa. I'm so glad that this game isn't going to turn out to be another MMO.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.