Character Role-Play Elements In Exanima

Trinity

So Sui Generis, when the angels sing, war ends, money rains and it gets released, will have some sort of personal character backstory (or maybe just "hey you have amnesia! go wild you funky little murderer!") and some serious role-playing decisions to make, yeah? I know that Exanima is in a way just kinda the the tech demo of sorts with some lore sprinkled about, and some dialogue in store for the future, but it's still it's own game. I'm just wondering if we'll get some background beyond "now you're a knight, enjoy your better starting gear," and if we make any serious game-changing choices. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I haven't stalked the forum in a loooong time, finally made an account just today.

Arthur

If I understand it correctly, starting character's story will vary greately. First of all, they all have defferent goals for entering the Underworld: Knight and Proctor and like private detectives, Villager and Unknown are just thrown in without any reason as it may seem at first. Second, they all enter in different timeframe. For example Knight may go after the Proctor, Proctor after the Villager and Unknown, etc. What this means in practice is that we will face the consequences of someone else passing by before. Most trivial things coming to mind are looted dead bodies laying around (or hidden in rooms), opened doors, items taken from containers and so on. And maybe if you're progressing fast enough you may catch up to people passing ahead of you, or even wait for those coming after, who knows? Now comes the most interesting part: dialogue. Through it you may not only find out more about the lore, but also tell your story and ask what happened to person you've encountered. This is in place in a rather simple form in the current beta patch already, and it looks like so much more could (and will) be done with it. So that's basically the same story seen from 4 different people's perspective, which sounds pretty awesome in my opinion.

Syllabear3

You got a diary to use ur own imagination.

The problem with games story is that nerds will get an excuse to crap on it. "Oh good game... a bit to hard but the story is not enough for me 1/10" and the like.
Thats why they just make it look misterious so you can use your own imagination and write the story you want and share it to others in here or other place.

Thats actually a smart move from BM.

teje1997

You got a diary to use ur own imagination.

The problem with games story is that nerds will get an excuse to crap on it. "Oh good game... a bit to hard but the story is not enough for me 1/10" and the like.
Thats why they just make it look misterious so you can use your own imagination and write the story you want and share it to others in here or other place.

Thats actually a smart move from BM.
Yep, I have just played a run writting my history on it. After finishing I read it, just awesome. Best feeling of acomplishment.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.