Exanima Beta Released - NDA Lifted

Pilluminati

Insider
I am much less impressed by it. It might be a good gameplay footage, but it's too long for a trailer and is not showing condensed information about what features are currently in game. Additionally I couldn't find it until I thought about checking out the main page for media, and then again Exanima didn't stand out. I doubt many people will find Exanima unless they are constantly watching the developer's site.
I meant exactly what I said. It's a huge improvement, not perfect. And like others have already pointed out, it's not a trailer. For a gameplay video it's good. Even if some sections dragged out for a bit too long like the character creation as well as the starting room (1:40-2:10 could've been cut out). I think they managed to capture the feeling they were after though and showed off many things without revealing too much.

Murf

I think we should take it upon ourselves to get more gameplay vids out there :)

plus, the devs kinda told us to ;)

The footage is actually a bit out of date, but you should be seeing more recent and complete videos from players as this version is not under NDA.
heh

ZaratanCho

Insider
I'm too lazy when it comes to recording(not that it takes much effort..) didn't even do the arena ones i was planning. Someone should make a full playthrough all the way to the end. Would be pretty cool to watch.

Slugger

This game looks amazing, wish i had enough money to buy it. The skeletons seen in the new video, don't they get dismembered and reassembled like in the kickstarter video anymore?

Slugger

Nice, what about magic? In the alpha video and kickstarter videos they did show some magical powers, the teleport and force push. Are those or other abilities in the beta? Didn't see any in the new video.

ZaratanCho

Insider
As they have said things are starting to move a lot faster now and focus is on features and content.
We've been battling giants all this time and now we're just breezing through development.
There isn't any Thaumaturgy yet in, but that and new combat manouvers, skill progression system etc will probably come soon and are most likely high on the priorities list.

Slugger

Thanks for the answers guys, cant wait to try the game myself. Will be looking forward to see more videos now as the NDA is released.

Murf

I'm gonna stream it I think on Twitch, I'll make a post in the general forum when I am up and running, prob be later this evening. Will let the watchers dictate what I do. see how that goes, can't be any worse than I have been doing.

Jan

Insider
It´s a pitty saving is not available. I am only a newbie here so I don´t know if the saving is explained in some other thread. I keep dying in the first corridors and am already tired of picking up the torch :) Is there any info if saving will be possible in beta? I like hardcore rpgs but I would also like to load after I get two unlucky headshots :)

Parco

@Jan that type of saving will never be in exanima, the only time you can save/load is when you exit and continuing a game. unless someone mods it in, skyrim like saving wont be added.

Murf

It´s a pitty saving is not available. I am only a newbie here so I don´t know if the saving is explained in some other thread. I keep dying in the first corridors and am already tired of picking up the torch :) Is there any info if saving will be possible in beta? I like hardcore rpgs but I would also like to load after I get two unlucky headshots :)

yeah the devs specifically don't want saving in their game(s). It does make it tough for sure. but still enjoyable. nothing that you are used to in regards to conventional rpg's will be in Exanima or SG.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.