Grand list of dev quotes on features

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
A very useful topic indeed - short and simple. Just question (searched a bit, but didn`t find answer) :
I know that NPC`s will not respawn, but monsters will (maybe something else)?

Scarecrow

Insider
As far as i know, they won't re spawn per sè, but new monsters or bandits may inhabit the area. Maybe new npc's even, seeing as that area may now be cleansed of the current monster threat. It's all about the dynamic world they are trying to create, and upon visiting an area twice (with a certain time in between) things won't necessarily be the same, as things may happen. This also goes for what you have done. If you have slaughtered a bunch of bandits inhabiting a defenseless village, chances are that someone/something new will move in there instead, or the village may even still be deserted.

This is kinda what i think the system will be like, based on what I've read and seen in videos. But don't take my word on it :p

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
As far as i know, they won't re spawn per sè, but new monsters or bandits may inhabit the area. Maybe new npc's even, seeing as that area may now be cleansed of the current monster threat. It's all about the dynamic world they are trying to create, and upon visiting an area twice (with a certain time in between) things won't necessarily be the same, as things may happen. This also goes for what you have done. If you have slaughtered a bunch of bandits inhabiting a defenseless village, chances are that someone/something new will move in there instead, or the village may even still be deserted.

This is kinda what i think the system will be like, based on what I've read and seen in videos. But don't take my word on it :p
Thank you for reply anyway. What you said - it really could be close to that what you described. It definitely would make sense in the games concept.

Anubis

Insider
This is a really helpful thread! Answered just about all of my questions!

Thanks for taking the time to create it.

Zotis

Okay, so I just started reading some of these quotes and I already feel the urge to say something. I love you guys! I mean, you're mentality is just so pure. It's everything I could hope for from game developers, and it's obvious to me why this game has turned out so great already. I can have confidence that it's going to be nothing but improvement because your heads are in the right place and so much attention is paid to the little things like DRM. I feel like DRM is a money grabbing scheme disguised by big companies as theft prevention. I was able to download the game at an internet cafe and install and play it at home where I don't have internet.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just started reading some of these quotes and I already feel the urge to say something. I love you guys! I mean, you're mentality is just so pure. It's everything I could hope for from game developers, and it's obvious to me why this game has turned out so great already. I can have confidence that it's going to be nothing but improvement because your heads are in the right place and so much attention is paid to the little things like DRM. I feel like DRM is a money grabbing scheme disguised by big companies as theft prevention. I was able to download the game at an internet cafe and install and play it at home where I don't have internet.
Besides gameplay, the company's beliefs are the best things about this game. I hope that won't change in any aspect - greed can ruin even the biggest franchise.

And, thanks, for the post, Knight. I'll read more before post anything.

Soklen

Why the latest news for SG date from 2013 ? :(
is it still in development ?

Tony

Insider
Have you heard of Exanima? All work on Exanima is necessary for SG. They've been working on SG/Exanima for four years now.

Tony

Insider
Yes I love Exanima :) <3
But it's not SG. Why it's not informations ? (sorry for my english)
All of the mechanics, art assets, etc. created for Exanima are necessary for Sui Generis. Working on Exanima is the same thing as working on Sui Generis. Basically Exanima is a more limited version of Sui Generis.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.