How do you prove you pledged and gain access to the Insider forums?

Tony

Insider
Same results as others. I even deleted the cookie in my browser for baremettle.com and it didn't help.

I didn't register until after getting the Kickstarter notice. Perhaps the forums were attributed with Read-Only access for Insider qualifying users, and not Post access? Just a guess.

-Tamha

TheScythian

Insider
I didn't register until after getting the Kickstarter notice. Perhaps the forums were attributed with Read-Only access for Insider qualifying users, and not Post access? Just a guess.
Could be, although it still says (Private) in the 'Latest' box on the forum list so I don't think we even have read access. Perhaps one of the devs could start a thread in the insider forum (if they haven't already) so we can tell.

LostH

Insider
I think only those who registered after the update have access. Hope they fix it soon!
I just registered in the last 5 minutes and cannot see any messages. It also says I have insufficient privileges to post in the insider forum.
Still, it's only a technical hiccup I'm sure :)

TheScythian

Insider
I just registered in the last 5 minutes and cannot see any messages. It also says I have insufficient privileges to post in the insider forum.
Still, it's only a technical hiccup I'm sure :)
Did you register for the forums with the same email address you used to pledge? If not you'll need to send the dev's a message with your forum email address (from the address you used to pledge). Hope that makes sense, and welcome!

Brendan

Developer
It's not quite instant as I have to run the script to change user permissions, but I've done it again so you should have access now.

LostH

Insider
Did you register for the forums with the same email address you used to pledge? If not you'll need to send the dev's a message with your forum email address (from the address you used to pledge). Hope that makes sense, and welcome!
Yes I did it's all working perfectly now it :) My only issue has been not being able to edit a message within the forum due to a time limit on posts but I'm really not too bothered about that :)

Haddock

Insider
It's not quite instant as I have to run the script to change user permissions, but I've done it again so you should have access now.
Are you going to have to run the script to update permissions at regular intervals? I've just registered and am getting the 'insufficient privs' message on the Insider forum. I'm not in any rush as I should probably be working ;)

Brendan

Developer
Yeah, annoyingly... but I'll try and do it regularly and have just done it again so you should have access now. Not much on there yet mind, but plenty to come :)

walltar

Insider
How long do you think it would take for people with different kickstarter and forum mail address?

And what if i just change forum mail address?

Tony

Insider
Good good, yeah not sure what the time limit was but we've changed it to 30 mins now.
Actually I just attempted to edit a post and got a message that the time had already elapsed, which is said was 0 minutes allowed to edit a post.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.