Introduction Thread

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
Maybe we should have an intervention in the oftopic forum, just need a way to lure him to read it.
That would be less ambitious, but definitely more effective way to "help" him (considering that he is very active in this forum). The question remains - who shall be the courageous and compassionate one to do that?

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
There are often age gates/game ratings that don't allow you to go on a website if you're under a certain age, so I imagine that's probably what he did.
Little bastard, but why would he exaggerate for such a scale (usually it`s 18, very rarely - 20)? In this case, I doubt that here you would need 18+, but apparently his "crisis" is worsening and his paranoia as well. His fear and unstable condition will drive him into corner. Poor man...

'Ello.
I are sad knight.

Knight is sad because armour is not 100% historical, only civilian outfit is.
Armour costy. Knight very sad that he not be 100% historical yet, because of monies.
Because, in soviet Germany, monies eat you. Fight give no money but sometimes.
But knight knows what is 100% historical and slowly improve his history.
To be accurate.

Sad knight like it here. Nice place. Good game. Nice people. Good.

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
Greetings, Lord Elric fon Rabenfel. I`m pleased that you are doing better and hopefully one day you will have 100% historically accurate armor set. I`m sorry to say, but I must depart to deal with my oldest twin brother Luka Crosszeria. Farewell, Lord Elric fon Rabenfel.

Well alright, enough with the farce. :p

Greetings everyone,

My name is Elric von Rabenfels (Yes, more people know me by that name in real life than by my... "modern" name I couldn't choose for myself, and it's a real pseudonym on my ID), and I am your local historian and expert on the use, origins and attributes of medieval arms & armour and the ways of medieval (and modern) martial arts, and I have a passionate interest in all of the things mentioned.

A pleasure to be here with you all.
And to destroy any "images" of my face you may have formed in your heads, here's a shot of my mug:

Luze Crosszeria

Supporter
Well alright, enough with the farce. :p

Greetings everyone,

My name is Elric von Rabenfels (Yes, more people know me by that name in real life than by my... "modern" name I couldn't choose for myself, and it's a real pseudonym on my ID), and I am your local historian and expert on the use, origins and attributes of medieval arms & armour and the ways of medieval (and modern) martial arts, and I have a passionate interest in all of the things mentioned.

A pleasure to be here with you all.
And to destroy any "images" of my face you may have formed in your heads, here's a shot of my mug:

Life is farce so there is nothing to set in motion or to stop. Anyway, that "historical inaccuracy" of yours probably is worth few bags of gold. What kind of "inaccuracies" do you have in your collection (There is axe, and probably poleaxe in the first image of yours)? And by "mug" did you mean pot, muzzle or a boob?

Dragomir

Hey Elric, do you guys do full contact competetive battles? I remember when I was in a knightly brotherhood we'd be forced to wear face protection even for fighting on foot (which was very silly), and in most events the side that wins the battle was pre-set, as it had to be the one that really won :p

Then I started playing around with early medieval viking reenactment (though personally I'm reenacting a Slav from Kiev). All helmets open, and actual, real battles where only our tactical skill can decide whether we win or not :p

- a lil video of such battle. Rules are - the one that gets hit has to lie down. If he doesn't - hit again, twice as hard.

Anyway, I think I already introduced myself in the melee combat thread, and I hope I can be another historical/combat consultant.

The saddle is unfortunately not historical, but I don't usually do horse reenactment :p

Anyway, I spent years getting to know and imagining how people would kill each other in old times, and I have lots of conclusions I'd like to share with people and eventually see them implemented in games.

Hey Elric, do you guys do full contact competetive battles? I remember when I was in a knightly brotherhood we'd be forced to wear face protection even for fighting on foot (which was very silly), and in most events the side that wins the battle was pre-set, as it had to be the one that really won :p

Anyway, I spent years getting to know and imagining how people would kill each other in old times, and I have lots of conclusions I'd like to share with people and eventually see them implemented in games.
Competitive full-contact fights are all I do, really.
I might do the occasional mock fight against some of our lasses with frying pans, but other than that... it's the closest you can get to the real thing.

We use a very wide range of weapons, from normal swords to falchions, longswords, maces, warhammers, pollaxes and rondel daggers.

I don't really feel like raining on your parade, but fighting full contact without full face protection is downright stupid. I somehow doubt that is what that knightly order did anyway, pre-decided battles are... not suitable for that.

I know the kind of "battles" you do, like the one in the video - and while it's much better than anything we get to see at that scale over here in Germany, I'm sorry to say - but there are more rules than "get hit, get down", just like there are more rules in the Battle of the Nations than people realise. The actually have hours of tutorial videos on what's allowed and what is restricted.

It's a great video. Everyone is certainly into it, much more than the 08/15 pussy Belli "re-enactor" over here.
But it's not full contact. No one is aiming for the face? No one is doing stabs, at least to the body? It's not full-contact. The head is the main target in almost any situation, and if there are too many rules dictating on how it is allowed to be hit, it just isn't full contact anymore.

Besides, really.
"Actual, real battles"
Nothing we do are real battles, real fights. One can try to get as close as possible, but without people actually killing each other, it will -never- be a real battle.

I apologise in advance if my post irritates or annoys you, it is not my intention. I have just met too many people claiming they do "real battles, full-contact!", while what they were actually doing was... not quite that, to be diplomatic.

Dragomir

Oh, a bit of a misunderstanding, prodably my fault ;) I used the term full contact wrong. However my brotherhood does full contact fighting - it's called Huscarl and we have fencing face protection then. In those matches every part of the body counts, including face and any kind of stabbing. Of course in battles such as Wolin the strike area is limited, but the only part we're trained to avoid really is the face (however stabbing body is okay, especially with spears). Speaking from experience I feel like early medieval reenactment is much more teamwork and skill based and more competetive than the late medieval - I might have tried with the wrong knights though.

Alright, I admit I got a bit carried away by saying that our battles are actual and real, but for me competition is what changes a showfight into a battle, and the competition there is real (while in the late medieval brotherhood I've been a part of for a short time it was not). I just wanted to ask what kind of reenactment do YOU do and I'm glad it's the more serious stuff ;)

Oh, and don't get me wrong - we do showfights for public as well, usually we're paid to do so. It can be fun too but in terms of experimental archeology it doesn't give us any useful information, contrary to battles and full contact fights. And don't worry, I'm never irritated or annoyed if someone is right. Hopefully Sui Generis will give us a lethal fighting experience reenactment doesn't allow for.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.