[spoilers] questions, questions, questions...

TURBOBRUH

-how did "zombies" become what they are now? We know the thugs were sending people down. But they were not bodies, but living people. We know the presence fucks up minds of those inside the ruins, but it does not just kill them. If Papin (is thats the apprentice necromancer's name?) had to hide, he most likely did not have henchmen, so it's not like he killed all the subjects. Did they starve? Did they kill each other? Some of them dont seem to have any wounds. Maybe some of them did not die and just wander around with their heads messed up?

- how will fights with multiple enemies look in SG ai-wise? Now 2 fighting zombies often start fighting each other.
Is that intended ad a result of their mental condition? Or is the ai dumb enough and manages to hit allies?
Can't Imagine fighting with alongside few allies if the latter is the case.

- did Thaven visit the dungeon himself? Doesn't seem like he and his buddy were there at the same time at least.

- is the expert arena sword'n'board girl the proctor? She looks alot like the proctor.

-player, y u no jump?

-how does armor coverage work? Is it area of the body covered? Is it the "tightness" of the coverage of the body part protected by the armor piece? Am I better off equipping a full plate with little gaps and lower armor values, or few independant pieces with higher armor values?

-how big is Sui Generis' world gonna be? (a number or comparison would be nice to put some perspective)

- will there be mounts? (I doubt there would be any means of fast travel aside from some teleport-thraumaturgy-thingy) if so , will there be mounted combat?

-I've seen they plan on having no respawn. But unless you kill most of the population, people do spawn (are born). So lets say if part of village population is wiped out, over time it should slowly rebound (given they have enough resources to reproduce). My point is that if you kill guy x inside his house, hes gone. But a month later its totally possible that guy y buys that house and now lives there.

- will corpses decompose?

- will you be able to break down doors?

- will we be able to destroy/build structures/chop trees and so on? Basically affecting the world more than smashing a barrel or moving a crate.

- magic in other form than thraumaturgy?

- minions other than undead? Maybe some construct that obeys you? Some demon?

- multiple companions? (I don't call them followers on purpose)

- ladders?

- ability to climb over objects? (within reason) Also how open will the world be? Will you be able to climb a moderately steep hill? Or barricades will have some invisible areas like they do currently, so you can't manouver around?

-more skill slots? (right now having 5 for each cathegory seems somewhat weird, especially if armor training takes 3, 1 for every stage)

-character development cap? Well a normal human hes only so much timeto learn things and then they die.
Here however death is not the end and I assume you carry over your experience to the new body. So you don't have time limits in regard to learning different skills.

-ability to increase attributes?

It's not like your character will grow taller (naturally that is), but he might grow some muscles, swing a bit faster with experience,
and have more stamina.
Look how much it takes to knock out a professional boxer compared to a random guy from the street, it's not like theyre 3 meter tall brutes. Also the way nervous system handles repeated movement patters, after spending a year fighting with that sword you will swing a bit faster.

-ability to alter your physique with your powers? Mumate/transform for example.

-will there be some bigger encounters (lets say 50+ characters ) ? I've seen it wont be warband scale, but having your squad of mercenaries (5-20 people?) and attacking a group of enemies might result in quite a few actor in battle.

- will there be flying enemies?

- aging? Not much of a problem for a body-swapper, but still.

-ability to become quite powerful over the course of game/playthroughs if you import character from different 'world' ? Its not like a human will tear through 10 opponents with melee and take it like a champ (unless there is some way to empower your body with magic), but having honed your power for a long time, with many different bodies you should be quite a menace to take down.

-Smithing? Alchemy? (making poisons and some healing medicines , not as strong as the glowy jars, but able to heal your wound over reasonable periods of time) cartography? (drawing crude maps of your surroundings) Crafting some other things?

Last edited:

NachoDawg

disclaimer: things in this post might be wrong or void of updated information

how will fights with multiple enemies look in SG ai-wise? Now 2 fighting zombies often start fighting each other.

The AI is going to be "super complex". So if friendly fire among AI will make them turn on each other depends a lot on their actual relationship and what the scenario is.
-how does armor coverage work? Is it area of the body covered? Is it the "tightness" of the coverage of the body part protected by the armor piece? Am I better off equipping a full plate with little gaps and lower armor values, or few independant pieces with higher armor values?

What the armor visually covers is exactly what it will protect. An open faced helmet wont protect your face and so on. Wearing layers improves the defense in the layered area, but I don't know if the armor item's stats stack or if they form some sort of padding bonus or something.

- will you be able to break down doors?
- will we be able to destroy/build structures/chop trees and so on? Basically affecting the world more than smashing a barrel or moving a crate.

They've said they want to do things like letting your sword/ax get stuck in wooden furniture if you chop into them, but they don't want to promise actual destruction before they know it's possible and they have time

- is the expert arena sword'n'board girl the proctor? She looks alot like the proctor.
Doubt it, the arena started as just a technical demo that stuck around, so the characters there probably don't have a lot of real lore yet
- will there be mounts? (I doubt there would be any means of fast travel aside from some teleport-thraumaturgy-thingy) if so , will there be mounted combat?
They want horses, but they said they aren't looking forward to making them (real time physicsbased horses ftw)
- ladders?
I was told the doors between the first 3 levels are going to become stairs, so vertical movement might be a bigger thing later on

TURBOBRUH

Did you check out this thread? It doesn't answer most of your questions, but you might enjoy the information anyway.

Actually I did when I started writing this post :p It reduced its volume by a bit too.

What the armor visually covers is exactly what it will protect. An open faced helmet wont protect your face and so on. Wearing layers improves the defense in the layered area, but I don't know if the armor item's stats stack or if they form some sort of padding bonus or something.

I think it does stack. I barely get any red damage when fully armored (even from the troll). Big cutting weapons might deal some, as well a a bad hit with fast 1h swords or a big maul swing landing on a wrong spot.

So having that in mind, you would be better off with the full plate. If bad thing happens in combat its less likely it wil find a gap in you armor.
This also makes hte coverage stat even more confusing.
Maybe its the percentage of the body part wearing said piece of armor?

Anyway thx for the answers,
WTB moar :)

Greenbrog

Insider
Yes things cover "exactly" what they show they are covering, and when they move around in combat that too will be "exactly" how it is. "except" with the deflection skill, it's my understanding that this skill is explained as the relatively small movements a person makes to take a shot in a slightly different spot to take it say in the shoulder plate verse just below it on the exposed bicep, but mechanically in the game, it increases the coverage area to just slightly beyond what it is graphically showing you, not move your character. (very small).

The coverage stat on armour. As far as I understand it, it's simply a relativistic comparison to the amount of body it covers. Example the belt is .5d coverage and the pants can be 3d, you'll see some minor (.5d) differences between the same armour item (identical base type) and another one with different quality, and as far as I can tell the graphic actually represents this too, besides being shinier, but I might be imagining this and it has a coverage difference similar to what deflection is doing.

The coverage stat is also imprecise even if accurate. A belt is not covering 1/12th the area of chain leggings, that's obvious, and the stat of the item doesn't change with body type either. I wouldn't use coverage as gospel, and would only use it for relative comparisons between competing items. Something to consider with all this though is when things like chain glove and plate wrists are put together, not only do they go further up the arm than plate gloves alone but they overlap over the wrist.

It's safe to assume that defensive stats for layered items are additive. If you get hit in the chest and are wearing a gamabeson, a chain shirt, a leather jacket and a breast plate every layer is going to help mitigate damage together, a sword would do almost no damage with basically 0 chance of red damage, and a mace under very similar conditions would simply hit harder; there are many more factors to figure in before assigning damage though.

On a personal note, I don't like shields much and I not a huge fan of how you move with fast swinging 1h weapons. Throughout the game not I don't feel the value of dicking around with the torch and therfore lighting is worth a shield and I basically exclusivly play with 2h when I get the night helm. I use my armour as my shield, and I get hit often; but in calculated ways and times. I would very much like to see follow through and parry/block breaking get some tweeks because even though you "can" finish swings when you take damage, it's not there yet. If I wind up everything and get hit just before making contact I should sometimes lose very little speed, it's the idea behind counter punching. It's how I boxed and it's very effective if you can take a hit, to deliver a much harder one. I believe BM has already commented on one of the armour skills basically improving this effect.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.