Still a techdemo?

Hey folks,

I'm not here to talk nicely. I'm pissed of what this potential turns out to be: A let's-don't-change-anything-because-we-got-our-hardcore-retards-out-there-that-enjoy-everything.

I don't know what the dev team does, but it looks like there going easy peasy on it. doesn't matter if we fuck up a 175k backing, we got 2016, so what?!

Yep, that's a statement, so stop being proud of yourselves, there's bunch more to do.

Why didn't you even implement a simple restart from beginning option? What are you doing the whole time? No savegame just to skip the boring creation? You are no developers, you're just a bunch of hobbyists who don't deserve a plattform on steam. because where you are right now is still pre alpha with just a stable build.

Walking:
why are you free walking with a mouse and fighting with wasd? Is it maybe because the code is shit?
why is freewalking so shit with the turning at A and D, rather than side stepping like any game after the 90 somethings?

Combat:
why does combat feel like a brawl of 2 drunks? don't you people know how to walk smoothly? without a break after a sidestep? why is the character to stupid to swing left when I want him to? because he is to stupid to wield a weapon correctly, just to stay flexible? is it because he doensn't have the skill unlocked? right after you unlock the skill "activate brain" and "don't stop breathing, you might die"?
I oftentimes feel i got to a point when he doesn't do shit anymore, when every step he takes is wrong, swings the wrong way or doesn't get away from the wall. And why the fucking heck did you implement a relative to the cursor movement? maybe you'Re afraid, that this 8 way movement doesn't give you enough freedom, then get a freaking 360 controller and make yourself happy.
especially with the attacks: 3 buttons for left and right swing and beatdown, maybe we'll be able to figure out, when we attack mid high and low...

Everything else:
No save/load to prevent character creation over and over again
No simple restart in the Arena

And especially these 2 fuck me up, they are so easy to implement, yet you didn't manage to do shit here either.

You know sometimes being free is a benefit, but I had to experience something far worse: being left alone with shoddy convictions.
I'm tired, it's 2 am. Wish I had a Life worth living, rather than to sacrifice it to virtuality.

Bye

I think YOU need the skill "activate brain". Game 2 smart for you, let us hardcore fans continue to like our shit game, pls dont waste your time posting more, go play assasins creed with 1 button winz! You can be a hero in easy games at least. You can save anywhere you want, you never have to be afraid of dying, you can just save before anyfight and if youdie youcan just reload like a real hero.
Maybe combat looks like a brawl of 2 drunks cuz you suck ballz,infact i think you should change your name to "suck deep", and then put a 360 controller in there.

Maybe you shouldnt play games that are too advanced for you.

All your ideas>shit

bye.

Greenbrog

Insider
Steam controller support is being investigated, least as I understand it.

Complaining about the controls simply speaks to you being poor at the game, otherwise you'd see how powerful and under complete control you are.

Hit "esc" on death in the arena to reload in faster? And do you die so much that the tiny bit of load screens really add up to that much? Also, arena getting complete overhaul.

The no save function... 4 check points, and a dynamic save point holding you accountable for all of your actions? If you can't survive long enough to make it from one check point to the other then you're just playing wrong or bad. These first 3 levels ARE character creation...You're statements prove just how this game isn't marketed for someone like you.

But you're right, and you're obviously better than the Devs so you should probably go make your own game now and show them how badly they are doing theirs.

Last edited:

Tyon

Hey folks,

I'm not here to talk nicely. I'm pissed of what this potential turns out to be: A let's-don't-change-anything-because-we-got-our-hardcore-retards-out-there-that-enjoy-everything.

I don't know what the dev team does, but it looks like there going easy peasy on it. doesn't matter if we fuck up a 175k backing, we got 2016, so what?!

Yep, that's a statement, so stop being proud of yourselves, there's bunch more to do.

Why didn't you even implement a simple restart from beginning option? What are you doing the whole time? No savegame just to skip the boring creation? You are no developers, you're just a bunch of hobbyists who don't deserve a plattform on steam. because where you are right now is still pre alpha with just a stable build.

Walking:
why are you free walking with a mouse and fighting with wasd? Is it maybe because the code is shit?
why is freewalking so shit with the turning at A and D, rather than side stepping like any game after the 90 somethings?

Combat:
why does combat feel like a brawl of 2 drunks? don't you people know how to walk smoothly? without a break after a sidestep? why is the character to stupid to swing left when I want him to? because he is to stupid to wield a weapon correctly, just to stay flexible? is it because he doensn't have the skill unlocked? right after you unlock the skill "activate brain" and "don't stop breathing, you might die"?
I oftentimes feel i got to a point when he doesn't do shit anymore, when every step he takes is wrong, swings the wrong way or doesn't get away from the wall. And why the fucking heck did you implement a relative to the cursor movement? maybe you'Re afraid, that this 8 way movement doesn't give you enough freedom, then get a freaking 360 controller and make yourself happy.
especially with the attacks: 3 buttons for left and right swing and beatdown, maybe we'll be able to figure out, when we attack mid high and low...

Everything else:
No save/load to prevent character creation over and over again
No simple restart in the Arena

And especially these 2 fuck me up, they are so easy to implement, yet you didn't manage to do shit here either.

You know sometimes being free is a benefit, but I had to experience something far worse: being left alone with shoddy convictions.
I'm tired, it's 2 am. Wish I had a Life worth living, rather than to sacrifice it to virtuality.

Bye
Okay, so this isn't even proper feedback, it's just insulting the devs and the playerbase. I have nothing better to do at the moment though so I'll just pick apart your baseless arguments.

- Calling us retards just because we like to play the game differently than you isn't really gonna get your point across to anyone, it will make you look like a child, plain and simple. Also, tons of things have been changed, did you even play the most recent patch?

- The dev team is hard at work, maybe if you actually spent more than 5 minutes on here and the steam forums you'd notice that they frequently post about their progress.

- There is a restart system, simply press escape and click "New Game". I can see that you haven't played this game much.

- I find free-walking with the mouse much more comfortable than using WASD. Both methods are in the game so players can use that they prefer. I've recalled the devs or an Insider making a statement about how there will be sidestepping out of combat. Again, look through the forums and do your research before making yourself look like an idiot.

- Combat is very fluid. The things you describe happening is something a novice player experiences. The characters looked drunk to me as well when I started out. You're probably taking huge swings and stumbling around like a fool, not bothering to learn. The movement is relative to the cursor because it allows players to make minute adjustments and position themselves exactly how they want to. Why would we need 3 buttons for swings when we can just use the mouse?

- This game is never going to have a save/load function. Are 4 checkpoints and 3 potions not enough for you? Get good at the game before complaining about it. It's not the games fault you blow at it.

- As I've said before, press escape and click new game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/362490/discussions/0/496881136900841800/ Your post belongs here, except it's actually serious.

Bye, we don't need cancer like you here.

Last edited:
The #1 thing you're forgetting, is that this project is not run by a huge company with hundreds of people on teams working on seperate parts of the game.
This is just a few people, and video games take a huge amount of work to create, debug, and polish. This isnt EA, this is Bethesda, this isnt Activision, this is just a few people, and it will take a lot of time.

Dorag

Hey folks,

I'm not here to talk nicely.

You should really get a life if not having a restart button on arena is what pisses you off, you're one of those Bethesda fanboys that shit all over fallout when it came out because the game prompts you to press enter instead of E when you want to perform an upgrade, and you can't use the mouse scroll wheel to navigate the perk tree up and down right?

Yeah, get outta 'ere.

Mikodzi

Insider
haha, nice thread though =)

I think that BM need some constructive feedback on Exanima for sure.
But they already have it, kudos to "these old retards".
Just take a look at those topics created by "retards": fully detailed, historical facts added, pictures/drawings attached, gameplay analyzed and possible solution provided.

So, you should really use that energy you got on raging around and apply it on something more constructive.

Mikodzi

Insider
Also, I adore how easily people take for granted even such revolutionary games like SG or Exanima.
It's like Madoc and co. done very risky and brave stuff - bringing to this world of "Press X to Win" some revolutionary gameplay with LOTS of innovation features and people like you Carsten just answer "Meh, need more graphics and buttons and railguns. Without that game suck hard and devs are idiots, they are missing the point!"

NachoDawg

Then go and make one. People who wish something but do nothing are people who don't really want to do what they keep themselves saying they wish to be doing. Otherwise they'd be already working on making their wish reality.
...are you saying we shouldn't let our dreams be dreams?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.