Thoughts and Ideas General

ZaratanCho

Insider
Not sure, I don't remember if it is said firmly anywhere if they will live in the underworld, though it looks like it would fit them. On the other hand given the amount of races that will exist i think it is likely one might live underworld. Five races was it ? We only know of ghouls and ogres so far(and humans ?). By live i mean being fairly advanced and settled in there somewhere, kind of. Wondering what will you be able to run into in the underworld, hopefully there will be many interesting things possible and interactions, on the overworld too of course.

Thankfully this month is 'alot shorter than the rest and alpha is on the way.

I believe the prelude will be entirely underground, correct?

It will also be its own thing and have nothing to do with the final game story wise.

Did I make this shit up or is it true? I swear I read it somewhere :p

Komuflage

Insider
I believe the prelude will be entirely underground, correct?

It will also be its own thing and have nothing to do with the final game story wise.

Did I make this shit up or is it true? I swear I read it somewhere :p
It'll be in the underworld, but i think it plays out a few years before the "real" story.

Leo

Insider
I suggest giving people the possibility of setting up traps for certain missions or accomplishments. In other words that a player be able to set a trap that will get someone captured or killed without the need for any interaction or combat. While combat is fun setting traps is even better.

Actually it will be nice that a player could gather poisonous plants and liquids together with some woods and ropes and that once he has all the necessary materials he will be able to set a trap that will poison someone when they pass by, thus giving the player advantage when they have to engage in battle. Even the traditional giant rock trap will be nice, especially with the physics feature. Waiting for an enemy to pass through a certain location and then rolling a giant rock from a hill that will collide with the enemy causing, I guess, instant death depending on the size of the rock.

Heck I would spend the whole game setting up traps to defeat everyone. Use my head to beat powerful enemies. Use my sword only when necessary! :D

Omenov

Insider
I know how first person is an immersive perspective, but I don't think it fits this game at all. You don't want to miss the force that is being applied on your character and the beautiful physics at work as your character gets beaten to the ground or swung into a bazaar stand. Not only that but look at how dynamic the movement is. If you would be truly looking through the eyes of the character, you would get extremely dizzy from all the movement and falling down you'll be doing. There would have to be a myriad amount of extra coding to be done to get the first person camera working as a passable alternative, and it doesn't seem like the engine was designed with first person in mind.

Personally, I prefer melee combat to be third person because it gives a better overview of what is going on. I disagree with you on that it puts you outside the game. You are very much inside the game, just not in the cockpit of your character's head.
I think you hit the nail on the head there...I don't mind a first person perspective now and then but I actually feel less connected to the game then in a ISO game for the simple fact that I feel like I have blinders on in first person modes. There is no sense of whats behind you where in real life you can hear/feel a presence. I always feel like my eyes are stuck straight forward and I'm wearing a neck brace you have to move your body around like a stiff board to see stuff. In RL your eyes move as well as you head and neck. I will say first person with a track ir in flight sims is wonderful but in FPS haven't got used to them yet because it's hard to known where your body is. I don't have access to an Occulos Rift (<--spelling)but that looks neat except little screens 3 inches from my eyes doesn't sound like fun for a long gaming session.

I know you probably "hit the nail on the head" a looong time ago but I'm just passin time readin posts while we wait to try the combat out.

Tony

Insider
There is no sense of whats behind you where in real life you can hear/feel a presence. I always feel like my eyes are stuck straight forward and I'm wearing a neck brace you have to move your body around like a stiff board to see stuff. In RL your eyes move as well as you head and neck. I will say first person with a track ir in flight sims is wonderful but in FPS haven't got used to them yet because it's hard to known where your body is.
Yes, the Track IR is pretty amazing in flight sims! Have you tried DCS World? They make some of the most realistic flight sims ever created. I fly the A-10C Warthog and the amount of detail and complexity in that sim is second to none. Every switch, button and lever works as it does in the real A-10C. It makes flying and using the weapon systems a challenge but also very rewarding when you become proficient at doing so :)

Nubby

Insider
I think you hit the nail on the head there...I don't mind a first person perspective now and then but I actually feel less connected to the game then in a ISO game for the simple fact that I feel like I have blinders on in first person modes. There is no sense of whats behind you where in real life you can hear/feel a presence. I always feel like my eyes are stuck straight forward and I'm wearing a neck brace you have to move your body around like a stiff board to see stuff. In RL your eyes move as well as you head and neck. I will say first person with a track ir in flight sims is wonderful but in FPS haven't got used to them yet because it's hard to known where your body is. I don't have access to an Occulos Rift (<--spelling)but that looks neat except little screens 3 inches from my eyes doesn't sound like fun for a long gaming session.

I know you probably "hit the nail on the head" a looong time ago but I'm just passin time readin posts while we wait to try the combat out.
I do have an Oculus Rift and after getting used to it, it's awesome for playing games or watching movies

Omenov

Insider
Yes, the Track IR is pretty amazing in flight sims! Have you tried DCS World? They make some of the most realistic flight sims ever created. I fly the A-10C Warthog and the amount of detail and complexity in that sim is second to none. Every switch, button and lever works as it does in the real A-10C. It makes flying and using the weapon systems a challenge but also very rewarding when you become proficient at doing so :)
Ya I have the huey. I have not tried the trackir with it yet I'm still trying to keep the darn thing in the air haha

Shalani

Insider
I would like to see the following, if possible:
Crows flying above and feasting on the dead.
Flying enemies, possibly a rare wyvern or dragon.
Non-flying dragon like creatures.
Giants.
Epic underground caverns.
Hirelings or Mercenaries. Their reliability, proficiency, and loyalty may be questionable.
Multi-story interiors.
Ruined cities.
Pack animals.
Ox carts
Horse wagon or chariots.

Shalani

Insider
Oh, and possibly damaged loot. You kill someone by ramming a sword through them, the cuirass piece might be a bit damaged? Pay a smith to repair it or learn a skill?

Also - the ability to give hirelings or followers items - both to upgrade them and keep their allegiance.

DopeScope

First off let me start by saying great job on the game guys, All the recent tweaks you guys have made to running and combat is very noticeable.

I think it's safe to assume a good portion of the people excited for this game have played NWN 1 and 2.
Now with that being said the first time I ever saw a video for Sui Generis that was immediately my first thought.
Player controlled servers and RP where the server host builds the world, story, NPCs, and controls the amount of players per server. I feel this game would be perfect for this, the combat system is so unique and screams out PvP or partying up together to take on a huge monster which would make it even better for RP since everyone would have to think about their attacks and work together because you're not spamming a bunch of abilities or number keys and actually thinking about each swing.

I full heartedly believe that giving the players the tools needed to do this is the way to go.

I know the DEVs have their own vision of how they want the game to be and I'm not saying to change that in any way, I'm just saying have it as an option for players like myself who really want that.

Please tell me what you guys think and if you think I'm wrong here.

Arborus

Insider
I don't think you need to spend hours picking flowers to be good at it, or days to learn how to cut wood.
I agree i think you should advance in skills by learning from new sources not just doing the same thing over and over again for example:

i've been boxing for a few years now and my progress is steady with it's ups and down's
but the other day a prof boxer gave class and i felt like i learned so much in one hour
he really lifted my skill up a bit. i learned new things but he also confirmed some thoughts of mine.

Arborus

Insider
also i would really like to see:

- backpacks:

this could be awesome with physics having a small thing like a mug or lantern dangling from the back ( maybe lantern on stick so you have good lighting in underground area's) or a bedroll on top or underneath. maybe some tools like a hammer or pick or thong's hanging from the pack

- lanterns

please let there be lanterns which you can carry! torches are so mundane!

- hoods and cloaks

- scarfs!

- robes
imagine this your wearing a full plate armor but you but a robe over it so everyone jus thinks your a peasant

- pouches!

- combat abilities

I've been practicing martial arts for quite a while now and most of the time when sparring you just do what your thought but once in a while you pull out this ace up your sleeve and it just feels awesome.

i know thaumaturgy sort of is this already but i would like to see some non magical things.

- player houses

- stealth gameplay!

i think it would work really well with SG's dynamic lighting!

+1for Lanterns! Another thing I liked about Dragon's Dogma. Hanging lanterns on your backpack or in your off-hand should be possible for sure.

I do hope when venturing into the underworld in Sui Generis, you will HAVE to prepare accordingly.

Leo

Insider
i want random events. I love when games have random stuff happening. Like a monster going into a keep or a random character swimming in the water for no reason, or a traveler that is always traveling across the lands from the beginning of the game, or a random guy that walked into a cave filled with monsters, or other adventurers doing adventures, or a revolt in the city, or wars between kingdoms. Also if possible like in baldur's gate guards that feel like they are actually protecting the city.

Juri

hello
sorry for my english : D
the first time I see an RPG with such dynamics. it looks great , as like a dull grind Biablo already tired ...
the game looks very hardcore , 1-2 = death blow , if not in a good armor or shield .
and I think in a game like this you must control. WASD control, the left mouse button simple attack if hold , the strong ( can knock block) , the right button is the block . WW or AA or SS or DD small dash, if the character is a tank and a somersault if killer assassin (of course requires stamina ) . Shift running ^ ^ . kick applied there to the side of the mouse . is presented an opportunity to strike and move at the same time .
with a similar system , I do not think it will be boring ..
a lot will depend on your reaction and ability to think one step ahead .
head boils on the number of ideas : D
I think there are more interesting than just a pump and filter the skill level .
for example, you use more than the sword , and you have an opportunity - Apply 2 hit with greater speed. that is, you have to click two times on the left mouse button .. and so swordsman can learn a series of attacks. and even better if there will always be a menu in which you yourself can change the available number of attacks .
for example : 1 hit you , go with the left to right ( shoot down the block ), and the second hit Kohl ( on the enemy in the weak armor ) or stroke from the top or from the bottom of the enemy in a strong armor. Shoulders say heavy , the opponent has a tank, it will be easier to break the legs ) .

there are a whole bunch of ideas at the expense of everything ^ ^ .
I would like to see scientists a new type of RPG , and what would you have turned Art .

Hi Juri, a lot of notable thoughts there, have you had a chance to see the public videos? Not with all of those specific control sequences but all of that is already in the development build I believe, have a look at the videos in the media section and you can see much of that content demonstrated. The idea as a purely physics driven engine is that the number of swings and angle of attack are more player controls driven than anything else.

There are no true animations as I understand it from what I have seen in the videos, it is all hinge constraint rigging straight off the physics engine. which means a simple interface which requires a massive amount of player skill. Having worked with physics controls in the past with my own projects, I can assure you it will not be boring, possibly a bit frustrating until you get used to precision control, but not boring. A very long time ago as gaming technology goes there was a game, though I forget the name of it which had a similar idea though poorly executed... a boxing game as I recall which had been made purely on collision systems rigging like a marionette technology has come a very very long way since then, as far as I know this is the only system to implement precision physics to this degree. A least in the gaming community...

Just glancing over some of the recent posts here I see a lot of things which are addressed on the main page. If I personally were to desire something of the game I would have to say a fairly sizable wardrobe, but that's just me, and likely not feasible for a small group. Modeling clothing takes time... lost of time. Well, modeling anything really...

Now, knowing how the system is purely physics driven, I wonder how complicated it would be to handle swimming, in many of the videos I have seen beautiful water areas but they never go into the water. I enjoy being able to go for a swim in games sometimes... though I have noticed several more recent games have stopped including that into the game play. Hopefully the team will have time to show us more of the current work sometime in the near future, until then, may we all dream of the magnificence of things to come.

Cymodai

Insider
Hi, just started testing since combat beta and im happy to report that i havent landed a single hit on the enemy on my first 7 mins, but i like this concept so much that i dont care about and having a good laugh at me.

But I would like to suggest that being a game with such a pure and beatiful genepool, dont limitate any option, just put the player in charge of the compromises. Im seeing that as soon as i equipe a 2 handed weapon, it works like that automatically, let the player choose, even at the loss of effectiveness.

Thanks for not putting numbers on damage or weight for the weapons, its the way to go.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.