What Mod Would You Make?

MoonyJello

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum! I’m usually pretty inconsistent at staying up with forums, but this place seems cool and I'm really interested in the game right now. Hopefully I'll stick with this place.
I’ve been using all different kind of forums for awhile now, I want to say almost four years now, so I’m used to the rules and flow of them. I won’t be another noob problem.

So anyway, as I’m sure you're all aware, modding is a possible feature that might be added to Sui Generis. If it is supported it probably won't be added anytime soon due to the fact they're focusing most of their energy on getting the game completed right now.

Incase you don't know the current situation with mods
FAQ said:
Will an editor / modding tool be included with the game?

We will do whatever we can to make this possible but we're not yet comfortable with promising a complete modding solution. Some of the more advanced features currently require significant technical knowledge and providing a broad user friendly experience could prove challenging. Please consider that our resources are limited.

So reading all of the information about this game got me thinking, what kinda mods would I make if they ever do become a thing? So I thought I might as well ask the rest of the forums too.

Pretending that all of us are artistically and code-savvily blessed enough to make good mods, what would you do?
Extra races to play as (e.g., Halfling)?
Add more weapon types (e.g., scythe-type weapons)?
Add extra enemy types (e.g., winged beast, 4-legged creatures)?
Extra armor sets/weaponry?
New Dungeons?
Extra Quests/Adventures?
Graphics overhaul?
Would you make a total overhaul and make the game a first-person platformer?
Give everyone beards?
Replace all voices with Eddie Murphy's laugh?

I don’t know, go crazy. If you could put anything what would you add?

If I could find a way to animate I'd like to add a samurai sword with the appropriate fighting animations.I used to be in kendo and the stances used were pretty interesting.

Empire²

Insider
That's an interesting question. Everyone's take on the perfect RPG is different, so it's cool to see what people throw on the table.

My first instinct would be a complete overhaul of story, world and gameplay. RPGs often make you feel very unique, which gives the player a feeling that they're isolated and lonely. Since I have enough of that in my daily life (Self-deprecating humour ftw!), I would make the story revolve around a character that is not incredibly unique by prophecies and stuff like that. Part of some sort of army or organisation, the player would live in a world much more settled and grand than the one in Sui Generis. Giant cities in the unique styles of something like Minas Tirith or Rivendell, incredibly populated by all manners of races (elves, dwarves, etc), vivid and lively. There would be weapon fighting styles, inspired by classic fighting schools. The player would choose the schools, and thus the manner they handle certain weapons, at some point in the story. Think of having to choose between a style inspired by Hoplites/Spartans to Naginatajutsu, used by Samurai during feudal Japan. Acrobatic moves, inspired by African, Native American and Oriental fighting styles would be implemented to make fights a lot more spectacular, to go along with new weapons and armour. Things like buying properties and renovating and re-purposing them for habitation or utility, and the ability to customise things to infinity. In-depth mechanics for things like grappling hooks, allowing you to scale walls with realistic collision. Completely overhauled stealth and movement mechanics, unspeakably crucial in tense and immersive missions where you work your way through crowds of people towards targets or shadow them from the rafters of an abandoned warehouse.

But, at the end of the day, I do not possess the skill or time to create any of this. So I'll have to go with making emblems and the like.

lvk

Insider
Obviously I'd create about 50 female followers in varying degrees of questionable attire (yet unquestionably unprotective), so it'd be just like playing modded Skyrim.

As a more serious suggestion, I would try to create some very oddly shaped weapons that rely on their shape and the physics engine to be fun or effective. I wonder if the on-the-fly collisions would deal with crescent shapes well.

I would use the intelligent AI of the engine coupled with the amazing physics and collisions to make an modern, open world, heist game. I would make some kind of dynamic crafting system that allowed things like engineering and mechanics that would work based off the physics and collisions. Then, I'd allow the player to just go around an open world, with multiplayer of course, casing buildings and robbing them.

The reason I'd use this engine is mainly for the AI. I'd build a world in such a way that it actually runs itself, with no scripting or level design required. The game would procedurally generate a city, by first making corporations and the state (government). It would make all the inhabitants of the city and then randomly generate and appropriate city based off of that. I would make AI security officers design security systems for the buildings after architects design the building. Architect AI would work off of a bunch of regularly updated assets and to design a building based off of the size requirement and whoever owns it's wealth.

So from all that, I'd have a level generator within a procedurally generated open world. Then it'd more or less be up to the player to decide what to do. They could con people with advanced dialogue systems, or design a remote-controlled helicopter to fly into a building and steal some documents. Or anything else in between.

I highly doubt this is possible with to day's computing power. I mean the cities would be the scale of cities today, but we'd still be talking about a couple thousand NPCs. I'd dispense with the realistic animation system in SG, because there wouldn't be much melee combat. This would allow more characters on screen at once. But I think the AI of that many entities would be the main issue.

Great idea for a thread MoonyJello :) and welcome to the forums!

I think I'd like to use the engine to make a sci-fi game. Maybe along the lines of Dune, so that the amazing melee combat could be used. Interesting alien-looking architecture, a bunch of different types of clothing styles, and new monsters.

Something else that could be modded really effectively would be making the game higher fantasy. Closer to a more traditional fantasy-RPG. I would really love to see this done and I suspect it will be (to some degree) if modding tools are released.

Also, it would be nice to mod in third (or first) person view, regardless of what content you were actually playing.

MoonyJello

I'd really just like to add races.
I'm a sucker for races.

I don't want them added just for the sake of adding them, and I wouldn't go crazy with it by adding 35 different variants of elves. Maybe just three more you could pick from that fit well within the world, the only problem is we still haven't gotten much on that subject yet :1
It's really just a matter of waiting to see what will fit the feel of the game, but right now I feel Halflings/Hobbits, Goliaths/Half-giants, and Hobgoblins would fit in pretty well with the Sui Generis universe.

Goliaths for you 'Mighty Glacier' type character. He can dish out and still take it like a man but at the expense of speed.

Hobgoblins are your substitute for generic Orcs in fantasy games. Hobgoblins are a larger, stronger, smarter and more menacing form of goblins. They aren't your everyday, "Breath, eat, sex, kill," goblins they're just as high as mankind on the hierarchy of needs. They're intelligent and renowned for their brutality and military skill. They also stand nearly 6'6" tall on average, a little taller than orcs. They'd be good for your Berserker build. In short: he'll run to the frontline and dish it out, but he can't take it. It's not that they're weak, it's just that they rush into battle without thinking sometimes.

And everyone knows what a hobbit is... They're good for your generic ass DnD Rouge/Thief build.

Lathspell

I would do an online pvp (only) arena mod, I think somewhere there's something about multiplayer and stuff, Im not a pvp guy but I would like something only related to pvp since the innovative combat system that SG brings to us, surely some of you guys would like to try your skills against another players

I would try and create a more fantasy centred, yet smaller world for to explore. That way both the fantasy and realism lovers can enjoy the game! It would be a huge project to undertake, but IMO it would be worth the effort.

Parco

I would want to create a Die by the sword mod, in either 3rd or 1st person. for those of you who dont know, Die by the sword is an old game where you control your weapon by moving your mouse around, kinda similar to wii.

Rob

I'd make a trampoline.

So you could jump over castle walls. Perhaps with a big 2-handed axe so that you can fly into your enemies with amazing force and watch them be destroyed and hurtle across the screen. :D
jump.jpg

Perhaps with so much force you could take out a dragon...
dragon2.jpg

Lathspell

I'd make a trampoline.

So you could jump over castle walls. Perhaps with a big 2-handed axe so that you can fly into your enemies with amazing force and watch them be destroyed and hurtle across the screen. :D
View attachment 72

Perhaps with so much force you could take out a dragon...
View attachment 74
hahaha,bad acuracy would be cool, I would use it only to watch my characters crash against the wall, that would be fun...

A gun!

Nah i think id make something like a catapult.. who wants teleportation when you can just get fired wherever you want to go!

But besides that id maybe design my own mansion of some kind.. where i put all my loot n such

Parco

i wonder if mirrors are gonna be ingame, if not then that would be a nice mod. that together with 1st person and oculus rift would be nice :p

Oona

Insider
Nah. I don't want any perspective other than isometric- it would be too much work, and that's just not how SG works. :p I just want a camera/pause mode so I can see things I wouldn't normally in isometric, and take cool screens!

Yeah! I would love a "camera mode"!
I wonder if the devs could arrange this. They must have been using something similar to get the original screenshots of the game. I hope they release this feature at some point. I'd never lack inspiration for my desktop wallpapers ever again! :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.