Camera is too far back

I'm not sure if the last mini update did this or not, but dang I can't zoom in as much as I used to. I think the camera needs to be able to zoom in allot more, it helps a whole lot in combat and the game looks great (blood especially) up close. I really want the limit to be ajusted!

:update: someone else posted this...ignore please

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
I've been asking for this for over a year, but can we please please please get the ability to zoom in more? I don't think it changed in the recent update and I think it was increased to let us zoom in more a few months ago, but it's definitely too far back still.

With the current max zoom-in distance I really can't see much when I play on my TV. It works fine on standard monitors but it's really hard to see animations and gauge distance on large displays. I get that some people would still want the same max-zoom in distance, but that could just be set in the options.

Chase

Insider
I've played on quite a few different resolutions and screen sizes and have never had any issues with zoom level. However, I can see more zoom being an improvement for large TV's where you're seated a good distance from the screen. Perhaps Madoc could add a sort of "TV mode" for more zoom. I'm just worried a bunch of people sitting 1 foot away from their 27" monitors are going to start getting motion sickness cause some plebs on the steam forums told them to enable TV mode and hold spacebar during combat lol.

I'm just worried a bunch of people sitting 1 foot away from their 27" monitors are going to start getting motion sickness cause some plebs on the steam forums told them to enable TV mode and hold spacebar during combat lol.
That's why we have an official forum here.

Pengman19

While I'm not suggesting a first person view, or even an over the shoulder third person view, ala Witcher 3 or Fallout4, I think having a little bit more zoom would be nice during combat, and, in general, appreciating your character, investigating the world, etc.

Any word on if there will be more camera zoom implemented?

I'd also love to see facial animations implemented, so when you unload a wicked blow, you can see your opponent wince in pain. This could, of course, only be appreciated if zoom were to be increased.

Thoughts?

Madoc

Project Lead
We've actually just increased zoom quite significantly, you can see it in my last stream, which I've uploaded to youtube (quality is horrible unfortunately):

(Disclaimer: I streamed this at 2 am, and after having drunk far too much wine!)

Pengman19

We've actually just increased zoom quite significantly, you can see it in my last stream, which I've uploaded to youtube (quality is horrible unfortunately):

(Disclaimer: I streamed this at 2 am, and after having drunk far too much wine!)

[/media]
LOL on the wine.

Okay, so this is the current state of zoom, but that hasn't been pushed to Steam as an update yet, I presume?

Thanks for the response.

That doesn't look much closer at all.
Really, just give us a zoom slider or allow us to zoom in much, much further.

Other than better aiming, we want to see those lovely models up close in all their glory!

Why you holding back on us? :D

Madoc

Project Lead
It's not that simple, this kind of fixed camera starts to run into all sorts of problems when you increase zoom, and generally becomes quite uncomfortable. An obvious problem is with differences in elevation. So far everything in Exanima cuts off at about 10 feet, but we're pushing for other elements in levels, and in Sui Generis you have some actually tall buildings and such.

Even with the this zoom we're considering giving it a slider with a lower default max, so that at least some people will perhaps not complain of the discomfort and clumsiness this zoom level can result in.

Knave

I'd love more zoom too. Not just because would make camera better on some situations, but because this game has amazing equipment and I love vanity so much.

Smola1022

This is simply hypothetical, but would a replay camera be feasible for having more variable zoom multipliers? Personally, I can play the game fine as-is, and I can envision some of the difficulties (e.g. vertigo? ) that could occur during gameplay with too much zoom. However, being able to watch the battle in replay with custom camera angles would satisfy my desire for seeing player reactions and blood spatter. Have replay features been considered anywhere on the roadmap? (sorry if this seems too off-topic)

Tony

Insider
This is simply hypothetical, but would a replay camera be feasible for having more variable zoom multipliers? Personally, I can play the game fine as-is, and I can envision some of the difficulties (e.g. vertigo? ) that could occur during gameplay with too much zoom. However, being able to watch the battle in replay with custom camera angles would satisfy my desire for seeing player reactions and blood spatter. Have replay features been considered anywhere on the roadmap? (sorry if this seems too off-topic)
Madoc has mentioned a replay camera being something they've considered. It would allow you to watch replays whilst adjusting the camera angles, zoom levels, etc. and save the output to a file. This isn't a guarantee of it being added, just something they're interested in doing if they get the time.

Pengman19

Really what it comes down to is, some of the blows in this game are so brutal and satisfying haha... It's all about appreciating that at borderline sociopath levels.

If it was between just a bit more zoom and fully zoomable replays, I would prefer the former. It's not JUST the combat where zoom would be enjoyable. A lot of it is also a desire in regards to exploring.

Knave

Suggestion here: Why not implement transparent walls when they're in the way of the player? Diablo 1 and 2 did it to some extent. That said, it's not the same type of camera since it moves and rotates.

Tony

Insider
Suggestion here: Why not implement transparent walls when they're in the way of the player? Diablo 1 and 2 did it to some extent. That said, it's not the same type of camera since it moves and rotates.
I believe the devs don't want the players being able to see through walls. This would be game-breaking in many situations (hidden rooms, secrets, someone hiding behind a wall, etc.).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.