Forum Feedback

Cooper Holt

Insider
I got an alert when searching that read:
The following words were not included in your search because they are too long, too short, or too common: meanwhile, in, sui
What is that supposed to mean?

Pantheon

Insider
It means that "in" and "sui" are too short or too common and that "meanwhile" is most likely too common, although it's strange for a word like "meanwhile" to be too common.

Madoc

Project Lead
Just looked into this and it seems meanwhile returns over 400 results. I just upped maximum search results to 400 from the default of 200. I think our forums should be able to handle this as we're running them on a cloud, they're very fast and can handle a massive user base. I think the too short limit may be inherent in the SQL back end.

SergeDavid

Insider
Meanwhile in Sui, a search limit has been raised. Expect the result to climb as more stories and descriptions pop up from overzealous individuals such as myself.

Xumbik

Insider
I got an alert when searching that read:
The following words were not included in your search because they are too long, too short, or too common: meanwhile, in, sui
What is that supposed to mean?
I'm not sure how the search algorithm is built, but, maybe searching for 'meanwhile in sui' starts a lookup for meanwhile, a lookup for in, a lookup for sui. Whereas searching with quotation marks around the string would search for occurrences of the words combined instead. Try "Meanwhile in Sui" instead of Meanwhile in Sui :)

Cooper Holt

Insider
I'm not sure how the search algorithm is built, but, maybe searching for 'meanwhile in sui' starts a lookup for meanwhile, a lookup for in, a lookup for sui. Whereas searching with quotation marks around the string would search for occurrences of the words combined instead. Try "Meanwhile in Sui" instead of Meanwhile in Sui :)
I searched "Meanwhile in Sui Generis" :/
Why don't they just search it anyway? Why does it matter how common the word is?

Xumbik

Insider
I searched "Meanwhile in Sui Generis" :/
Why don't they just search it anyway? Why does it matter how common the word is?
In most cases using "" around what you're searching for tells the engine to search for a pattern that matches exactly what you have within the ""'s. Easier to find what you're looking for like that.

Like Hedge said, every 'search' costs resources. It's just a limit in place to prevent unnecessary searches that probably wouldn't give you anything relevant anyways. I could write "It's in-teresting to stay in in-door boxes at inn's" and it probably wouldn't be very relevant to your Meanwhile In Sui search (if that would return occurences of "in" in these forums).

Am I confusing? Haha.

JamesButlin

Insider
Like Hedge said, every 'search' costs resources. It's just a limit in place to prevent unnecessary searches that probably wouldn't give you anything relevant anyways. I could write "It's in-teresting to stay in in-door boxes at inn's" and it probably wouldn't be very relevant to your Meanwhile In Sui search (if that would return occurences of "in" in these forums).

Am I confusing? Haha.
Suprisingly not! And it's 8am on monday for me so everything should be confusing right now ;)

oldgamer4

Insider
I'd very much like to see a section of the forum devoted to linking at dev posts -- a 'Dev Tracker' was great in the SWTOR forums once more people started coming in, as it let users jump right to the newest official information.
+1 for this - as I only visit the forum occasionally, it'd be nice to filter the dev team posts quickly without having to wade through all the other stuff, which while often interesting, is not really what I'm after. Project C.A.R.S. have a 'Dev Posts' tab on their forums which works well.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
To the devs, can you please work on posting, because I don't get any options to apply bb code, I literally have to type every tag in directly, I can't just press a button to show an image, even when I click more options.

Tony

Insider
To the devs, can you please work on posting, because I don't get any options to apply bb code, I literally have to type every tag in directly, I can't just press a button to show an image, even when I click more options.
Do you see the icons for it or do they not appear at all? If they appear do they simply not function for you? I've had no issues with any of the buttons.

MrIdontKnow

Insider
Nothing appears, when I click more options it brings up a popup box sort of thing but no buttons, I've had the buttons appear sometimes but it hasn't for the last few days

Tony

Insider
Hmm I've never had to click on the "More Options..." button in order to see the regular buttons. They're just along the top of the reply box. Have you tried a different browser to rule that out?

EDIT: Also, underneath your reply box do you see a clickable link that says "Use Rich Text Editor"? If you see that option it means you're using the basic editor without any buttons. You need to click on that link in order to use the rich text editor (the one with buttons).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.