Thoughts and Ideas General

Espadon

Today, in search of an easy enough and swift sword, I tested swords of the rank "Adept". And among them was one blade, which I really liked. It's good, but it's rusty, like most swords. And I thought that if I cleaned it, it would look wonderful. If I had a sword, even if it was inexpensive, I would take care of it, and keep it in perfect condition. Just because it's my sword. I heard that Sui Generis awakens the opportunity to clean up its weapons, but it would be nice to have the opportunity to do this in examin. But there are many ways to treat the metal surface. You can simply polish your sword to a white blade, you can polish it to the state of a muddy mirror, or you can bring it to the state of a real mirror (but it's very difficult, surely it would cost a lot of money, and such polishing will quickly cover with scratches.) I do not know , whether it was used in the Middle Ages, but you probably could etch the blade of your sword. Vinegar in the Middle Ages existed, and if you leave the metal in the vinegar, it will acquire a beautiful matte gray shade. Still there is such a way of surface treatment ... I do not know how it is called in English, but we call it "satin" this is the application of small parallel scratches on the blade, they can go both along the blade, both across and at an angle. It looks pretty nice, but I doubt that in the game it will be noticeable ... It could diversify the choice of weapons. I heard that there will be a system of procedural weapons generation in the game, but what if I finally found myself the perfect sword, with graceful lines and wonderful proportions, but I want to etch his blade? Still, this opportunity will not be superfluous. The more we have the ability to customize our weapons, the better. For example, the ability to choose the color of the skin for the handle, Choose a way to cover the handle with leather, for example, just skin, ribbed skin (well, this happens when wet skin is tightly wrapped with a cord) Winding a strip of leather, or braid. Or the ability to choose the wood from which the handle will be made. There are also hangers without coating the skin. it would also be nice to have the opportunity to etch or polish the pommel of the hilt and guard. If I had my own unique sword in the game, I would be very attached to it. This would add immersion to the game. I understand that all this is very difficult for the Exanima, this place in Sui Generis. For Exanima, I would only like to be able to clean old weapons.
Here's what satin looks like on the knife:

Syllabear3

Characters new clothes make them look so fat.

I am been on the arena "practice" and gameplay feels slower and dumber... what happened?

EDIT: since everything is more delayed, shields now are absolutly op since they can do 2 movements that are block and hit at the same time. There is no way to land an attack on shields now.
Rename it shieldxanima ;c

Hype is gone QQ.

EDIT2: seems like characters cant block now... they cover but the weapon goes through anyways.
I cant block and attack like before, making fights really boring.

Last edited:

Pc Genie

EDIT: since everything is more delayed, shields now are absolutly op since they can do 2 movements that are block and hit at the same time. There is no way to land an attack on shields now.

EDIT2: seems like characters cant block now... they cover but the weapon goes through anyways.
I cant block and attack like before, making fights really boring.
I agree, shields were always potent against nearly everything (though I don't know how they'd mitigate that), but most especially people can't block properly anymore!

I request that if you have a skilled character, full time to react, are facing the opponent fully and are backpedaling away, the attack should be parried. Simple!

Roryn

Insider
I request that if you have a skilled character, full time to react, are facing the opponent fully and are backpedaling away, the attack should be parried. Simple!
I don't think parrying can or should be that simple -- especially when the height of an attack changes as it is swung. Moving too quickly can make parrying harder since it puts your character of balance and shakes their weapon. The method for parrying is naturally different for every weapon, but I've never found backpedalling to be a reliable aid for parrying. For most weapons, it's more important to face the direction of the swing than the character wielding it.

Syllabear3

There are two things that are really bothering me... characters being like drunken equilibrists and that there is NO diference between a 2m lifter than a 1,5m skinny in matter of capacity to carry equipament/armor.

When will this change?

Avramovic

Supporter
I'm lately thinking about different ways useless clutter we find ingame could be used, so here goes:

Inkwell. Blank scroll. MAP REVEAL. (of course when you run out of ink/paper, you need to go get more)

Hourglass. Some form of time passage could be observed, perhaps, with the aid of this thing?

Empty bottles - maybe you could utilize them to split a large portion of blue healing goo into smaller ones, so that a person shouldn't use it all at once?

the area has been abandoned to an extent that even the corked bottles are dry

those inkwells haven't fared any better I'd assume if they got any flavor text

Avramovic

Supporter
Mm. I see the problem there, inkwells would be as dry as Mojave prior to courier arriving. Maybe something else that's liquid and colored would survive and be sufficient?

Avramovic

Supporter
There's nothing strange about utilizing zombie blood, however virulent it may be, instead of ink. A bit unorthodox, but one wages war with maps drawn in blood one has at hand.

Snoopbear

I still think we need a way to make maps, regardless of zombieblood or not. The way I used to navigate is I'd brinng all the dice, cops and plates i could fit in my inventory and leave them on my right side every time I'd do a turn, But You run out fast.

Gsprfdude

I'd either want want a map that reveals itself as you explore, or a grid based map that you make yourself similar to Etrian Odyssey. I'm a fan of the latter because in those games part of the fun was making your own map and being able to leave your own notes and symbols on it.

Espadon

I think in Sui Generis a good, convenient magazine would be useful. Magazines in modern games are very stingy, they contain quite a bit of information, and many details can be forgotten. It would not be bad if the magazine in Sui Generis could be supplemented with its own records. For example, when taking a quest, a couple of paragraphs appear that cannot be edited, and you can add details or thoughts to them. And of course, it is worth leaving completely blank sheets for the player so that he can keep a diary or to-do list. It would be nice to add the ability to attach other pages, found letters or maps to certain pages of the magazine, so as not to look for them in the inventory. On the pages add fields for notes. Make a text editing function, something like a very simplified Microsoft Word (underline, italics, frame ...) Also add the ability to draw, simplified Paint. If you, for example, need to make your own map. (Gsprfdude talked about it) And add special pages with a grid in a magazine, for drawing maps and sketches. You also need to add the ability to copy letters, fragments from books or magazines of other adventurers to your journal. Or copy the ancient inscription on the wall, then to bring it to the translator. It may be worth adding a bookmark to quickly find the page you want.

All this will make the magazine look like a real traveler’s book, and add atmospheric to the game. I understand that most players want to play, not write, but still, in my opinion, such opportunities would not be superfluous.

Sorry for my English

Syllabear3

You guys keep talking about maps... its okay to have a city map etc, but no way detailed and such. The most interesting in this game is to explore and know every corner as i did (i am slowly forgetting and the map changed a bit but i could get through without problems, even in the new parts). I can do the first act "labyrinth" right now and not get lost, i even remember all the puzzles and i have a terrible memory. You can help yourself with corpses and objects to recognize the zones you been, its absolutly easy.

One thing is the need of a map and other is being lazy, don't mess the game because you are lazy.

Syllabear3

Here's another idea that this game totally needs, its a range of view and fog. Right now you can absurldy zoom and even be able to see other rooms.
This game is suposed to be "real", so yeah that needs a little work.

Espadon

Hey! I did not say that I want a map of everything around. I just asked about the opportunity to draw your own map. To draw a map, you need to be not lazy. this is quite a realistic opportunity, isn't it? If we are afraid to forget something, then we draw a chart.

Syllabear3

Hey! I did not say that I want a map of everything around. I just asked about the opportunity to draw your own map. To draw a map, you need to be not lazy. this is quite a realistic opportunity, isn't it? If we are afraid to forget something, then we draw a chart.
You are right, you want to draw a map to be lazy. Thats a huge diference, you are right...

Espadon

Don't be sarcastic. Yes, I want to draw a map. Then to navigate through it. To be lazy, as you say. And you can not blame me for this. This is a natural human desire to make something easier. This is a beautiful desire. Exanima- REALISTIC GAME, NOT A HARDCORE GAME. This game does not set itself the goal of driving the player to rabies, it just gives us problems, and we are looking for ways to solve them, and we can use any. This game is honest. Therefore, if I am afraid of getting lost, and I will have a book and a pen, it will be foolish not to use them. I do not ask for a minimap with icons, just a realistic opportunity for a realistic game, that's all.

Syllabear3

Don't be sarcastic. Yes, I want to draw a map. Then to navigate through it. To be lazy, as you say. And you can not blame me for this. This is a natural human desire to make something easier. This is a beautiful desire. Exanima- REALISTIC GAME, NOT A HARDCORE GAME. This game does not set itself the goal of driving the player to rabies, it just gives us problems, and we are looking for ways to solve them, and we can use any. This game is honest. Therefore, if I am afraid of getting lost, and I will have a book and a pen, it will be foolish not to use them. I do not ask for a minimap with icons, just a realistic opportunity for a realistic game, that's all.
Thats an elavored excuse... if someone like me can go through a game likes this with no problem, then everyone can.

And yes this is a hc game, explain me how not?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.